Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Training

This is a discussion on Training within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I believe i read somewhere that with LLU ADSL2+ you don't need to train the router (ie. keep resetting ...

Rezza is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Training

Hi,

I believe i read somewhere that with LLU ADSL2+ you don't need to train the router (ie. keep resetting it), is that true?

Also, is it better to leave the router on all the time or is it ok to turn it off after every session? Thought i read somewhere of possible connection issues if it keeps getting turned off.

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Hi Rezza ADSL2+ does not have a training period to my knowledge, it is rate adaptive. This just means that when ever your router reconnects with the exchange it will connect at the best speed possible given its target SNR (signal to noise ratio) on mine this is around 7db.

You really should leave your router on all the time as they do not like being powered up and down and it can cause them to run less stabley in the long run.