Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

RED flashing light

This is a discussion on RED flashing light within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have social issues which often missunderstood....

qubit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: RED flashing light

I have social issues which often missunderstood.
      RED flashing light-sky2.jpg
      Last edited by qubit; 15-08-12 at 07:07 PM. Reason: new test

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

When the router goes offline I am always at one particular site.. how can I know an attack from coincidence? The router does not malfunction all the time.
      To check if you have been compromised, download and run Malwarebytes, allow it to clean your PC. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - CNET Download.com

You should get a download speed of around 18Mb, any tester that shows more than that is wrong, so ignore it.

....and with respect, if you want help, please do not clutter up your posts with irrelevant quotations and links. If you want to discuss these things start a thread in the Everyday Life section - Everyday Life

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank you for your time and understanding, it is a pleasure to meet you. I don't actually believe in coincidence, it is moral luck, or I read something into it. It is something else for me to worry over. se la vie.
      I know a little about mbam and gmer, though not enough, and I have been foolish. I have not followed my own advice and when I upgraded my pc I used the nearest DVD temporarily, which became my pc, if you follow.
      Previously, I had use SRP, and a limited account with software, this is troublesome for daily use, and further reading is needed. I can't get out, use the phone rarely, only one visit per week, my pc is everything.

I think I must be wrong to blame anyone, there are so many threats on the web. Are my router stats ok? My question is so I can verify there is no network problem, I will clean install and start again.
      All test are wrong, apparently, the latest, 1GB.zip from thinkbroadband at 2.1MB/s on firefox, this I imagine is a network problem?

I thank you for raising my awareness, I can only say sorry again. I will edit my quote.

tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

stat appear to be ok but check periodically to see if any change in these stats , if no change do a scan in safe mode after download updated version of malwarebytes (safe mode keep clicking key f8 after turning on pc and before windows login screen loads up then select safe mode then enter , pc will then start in this mode )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tenar For This Useful Post:

qubit (15-08-12)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi again
      secunia psi, was already running
      mcaffee, clean regular scans
      mbam, clean
      Hijacktis, browser update, webcam, mfevtps.exe.
      gmer, clean
      rubotted, does not run wincap error.

I do not wish to row, it is hurtful to me, I provided information so others may have an informed decision.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I understand you like to keep the thread tidy. I worry an existential problem, "will anyone read it?" I ask myself. Sorry for double posting.
      A problem reaching safe mode, I hope these links are usefull, as they have helped me.
      http://it.usu.edu/servicedesk/files/...lwarebytes.pdf
      MalwareBytes Won't Run in Safe Mode (DDS Report Included) - Malwarebytes Forum
      Malwarebytes and Safe mode - Windows 7 Forums

TDSSkiller, clean 1st run then found unsigned driver, SISsandralite....probably ok.
      rpcagentsrv.exe - What is rpcagentsrv.exe?

Some opinion is a regular scan is 99% I would like to skip safe mode stage. Do you insist me? A quick scan was clean, full scan is in progress.

I have had to hard reset my pc, I have noticed the router is not as hot as it usually is, I query the PSU again, do you agree?
      Last edited by qubit; 15-08-12 at 09:18 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12