Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

my new Sagemcom 2012 router, orange light - confused

This is a discussion on my new Sagemcom 2012 router, orange light - confused within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i play a game called world of warcraft , which i leave over night as i dont play it within ...

hsomme is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Unhappy my new Sagemcom 2012 router, orange light - confused

i play a game called world of warcraft , which i leave over night as i dont play it within blizzard t's&c's but thats another matter; and i wake up to find that i have been disconnected due to an ongoing problem which i also got with an old router which had got replaced 2 days ago ! to the 'new' upgrade of the uppgrade, so i was told. but - a common problem keeps re-occuring which is where suddenly the internet drops and when this happens an orange light which looks like the @ sign comes on which is usually green, then with the application of cmd ipconfig /release etc... sorts out but its ever so tidius and would be much better just have it connected with no drop outs , i just want to know why it is happening!

- - - Updated - - -

System Up Time: 0:19:09
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 7431 6754 0 198 182 0:18:07
      LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 0:19:09
      WLAN Up 12963 13214 0 8964 2027 0:18:47
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 4094 kbps 544 kbps
      Line Attenuation 52.0 dB 32.7 dB
      Noise Margin 6.5 dB 13.0 dB

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: my new Sagemcom 2012 router, orange light - confused

Hello hsomme, welcome to the forum.

Without me getting too involved in this thread, it would be useful if you could add some information regarding your connection to the Internet as well please?

For example, is your router connected to the Master socket with the short grey ADSL lead supplied by Sky?

Other important factors could be if you are using an extension or if there is any noise on your telephone line (please use a corded phone to check this).

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

williammorris Guest
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

dude.. 20mins idle disconnect now on WOW EU.

I found that out the other day. That's why your getting kicked.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Your stats do not look quite right, your download is a bit low and your upload is very low. If you have one can you plug into the Test socket, using only the ADSL cable supplied by Sky and take your stats from there.

You should not have to do a ipconfig /release to reconnect the router to the internet, infact I can't see how it can help. This command only effects the connection between your PC and the router, it has no effect on the internet. If it does not reconnect automatically, reboot the router or power cycle it.

Being disconnected from a game should not disconnect the router from the internet.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.