Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Advice needed please

This is a discussion on Advice needed please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone, I'm with sky for broadband but bt for phone, and i need a faster connection so i have ...

zade24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Advice needed please

Hi everyone,

I'm with sky for broadband but bt for phone, and i need a faster connection so i have been looking into getting fibre which has just came to my area. now i know the broadband will be outstanding with sky but the phone service not so, (well for me atleast because of no free 0845,0870 which i'm use to with bt).

So my question is are there alternative broadband companies offering truly unlimited like sky or are they all going to slow down in the afternoon and be restricted? a 40gb cap would be more than enough for me even less. better still, perhaps there's another route for me to stay with sky?

Thankyou!

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Advice needed please

Hi,
      I don't think anyone offers a truly unlimited broadband product like sky.
      Some may not have a GB download limit, but will restrict your service for certain types of usage or at certain times of the day.

0870 numbers are now free with sky, so it's just the 0845 numbers you have to worry about.

Personally, when i was calculating which provider to go with i found that unless i was calling 0845 numbers all the time, the savings i made by going with sky (especially as i paid my line rental for 1 year up front) cancelled these charges out & i was still quids in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

zade24 (31-07-12)

zade24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Advice needed please

Thanks for your reply gymno.

As you say it is a struggle finding another like sky for internet as i have searched about many times and all i can find is other companies rebranding bt products and not making it their own like sky has with truly unlimited. i just thought there maybe atleast one alternative out there that someone knows about albeit a little more expensive so i can have the best of both worlds.

I didn't know about 0870 being inclusive, definitely news to me as all i see on a google search is people moaning about being charged for them but perhaps that's a recent change?

Anyhow, if no developments i think i may just follow your suggestion and pay the annual line rental in one go with sky which alter all you say still works out about right if not better, as i would really hate myself for joining someone else just for the pesky free number.