Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sudden speed drop! Please help clueless!

This is a discussion on Sudden speed drop! Please help clueless! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi My Internet connection has been fine sitting at 2.8mpbs for the last year or so after having the line ...

aibo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mickelover
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thumbs down Sudden speed drop! Please help clueless!

Hi

My Internet connection has been fine sitting at 2.8mpbs for the last year or so after having the line manual configured to sit at about 3mbps as DLM screws my line up.

Since the 21st of this month my speed has droped to a terrible 928k for no reason, nothing has been moved no wires etc..

I have tried the usual tests using the master test socket, 3 different adsl filters and 2 different modems my connection never gets over 980k

I have contacted sky who's done trouble shooting, line tests and they have seen my line speed has droped on the 21st now my lines only capable of 1.7mbps and they have now capped me at around 1mbps!

They are now investigating my line though higher technical, what could have happened?

Any ideas or is sky having me on? They claim DLM has never been back on my line!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sudden speed drop! Please help clueless!

Any ideas or is sky having me on? They claim DLM has never been back on my line!
      That is probably true. If you line has deteriorated for some reason your noise margin would drop, eventually causing the connection to drop and resync at a sustainable speed. This is not DLM, it is just how ADSL works.

If your speed is so low you obviously have a very long line, switching to fibre may be the only way you will get a decent speed, if it is available to you.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.