Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky LLU - line has to be activated before broadband order can commence?!

This is a discussion on Sky LLU - line has to be activated before broadband order can commence?! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; This is frustrating. I'm with BT and O2 Broadband (legacy package) but was tempted by Sky's deal so I switched ...

psprog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky LLU - line has to be activated before broadband order can commence?!

This is frustrating.

I'm with BT and O2 Broadband (legacy package) but was tempted by Sky's deal so I switched online. Provided MAC code etc and activation day for the line is tomorrow.

Just received a txt saying that my broadband order has failed. When I phoned them now they said that I have to have the line active first, then the next day I have to phone up to order the broadband. The CS operative said something about there being lack of capacity at my exchange (Leamington Spa) - maybe this also explains why their fibre checker shows nothing for my address, despite me being able to get BT Infinity for over a year now and the big green box is right outside my flat (2 of the flats in my block have it)

I thought the whole point was to switch the same day - certainly that's what's happened when I switched 2 or 3 times in the past. All nice and seamless.

Anyone come across this before? I tried to switch to Sky a couple of years ago and had exactly the same issue so cancelled the whole order.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 25-07-12 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Removed TBB formatting etc

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky LLU - line has to be activated before broadband order can commence?!

What package did you sign up for?

Fibre or Sky Broadband Unlimited?

Have Sky said they will put you on Connect if normal Unlimited was your choice?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Unlimited.

My order page still says that so if they put me on Connect I'll have to cancel the whole thing again, but as I'll have ditched O2 I'll have lost my legacy package (unthrottled, unlimited just like Sky).

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

ummm - If you were swapping just your broadband, your past experiences would be right, ie seamless or as near to as possible with a few minutes downtime.

To get Sky Broadband Unlimited you do have to have the Sky Line Rental now as well, (as you already know)

What's puzzling is that Sky say there is no capacity, therefore I fail to see how they can offer you Sky Broadband Unlimited as that is an LLU product (again as you know) and Sky only have x amount of ports available.

Did you change phone number at the same time?

I would probably ring them to find out for definite what you are likely to get, as if there is no capacity, unless someone leaves within the next 2 weeks or so (or Sky add some more) then you will probably end up with Connect. Unless of course the CS agent gave you duff information.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 25-07-12 at 07:04 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

Just got off the phone with them.

The CS agent read out the note from BT - something about there being no 'pairs' available at the exchange, and to try again on the 27th (ie day after I switch phone line). Sounds like I'll be put onto Connect so I've had to cancel the whole thing.

Very frustrating, and the CS agent said that Leamington is permanently full and slots only become available when someone leaves Sky. Might also explain why I can't get fibre as I really wanted that.

Exchange:
      Thanks

PS Thanks for your help btw.

Also, it was just a bog-standard line transfer away from BT to Sky - same number.

Sky need to update their online checkers as obviously I can't get Unlimited in Leamington (though friends of mine did last week -maybe they were lucky and a 'slot' was available).

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

I would consider taking this up with someone senior.

Since your order has only just been changed I personally think that you have the right to some form of proper resolution on this issue.

Sky Connect is a poor substitute for SBU and as your old O2 package is no longer available, you could strongly argue that had you known the SBU would not be available you would have stayed where you were.

Try someone within customer services first. If this fails we can provide information to contact the Executive support team.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'd love to be able to do that (get through to someone senior, as I'm a very technical user - I've had a net connection at home since 1992, been through umpteen ISPs - and I'm a professional programmer and thus slightly techy and know about this kind of thing...) Do you have a phone number or contact details for 'retentions' or whoever the bods are at Sky?

The nightmare scenario was my line changing over, I lose O2's brilliant legacy package, then Sky turn around and say "err, no room at the exchange, you'll have to go through BT's connect". As I download 200Gb+ per month - I use UKNova as my own personal video recorder, a crap throttled service is of no use to me.

I went through all of this 2 years ago and now it's the same - maybe my line number is jinxed or something. Friends of mine moved back to Sky LLU the other week in Leamington no bother.

Also, I'm super-curious as to why Sky say I can't get fibre. As the big green box has been about 30m away from my flat for the last 18 months, I'm forever receiving BT Infinity flyers, and 2 other flats in the block that I know of have it, plus the BT online checker says I can get 78mb download.... well, I'm flummoxed as to why Sky say I can't get fibre at all (the CS agent tonight said they get this sometimes and it has to go to OFCOM to force BT to allow Sky on their Fibre offering - not too sure that's the case, sounds more like I'm in a black hole in their checker).

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sigh - line has swapped over to Sky apparently, but I'm still connected to O2 for Broadband. CS agent at BT said they've done a WLR line but obviously not.

In a bit of limbo at the moment - will see what Sky say later. If I can get LLU all well and good, if not...grr!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Try Sky's Customer Services first. Try to remain calm and the humans at the other end of the phone are more likely to respond (I say it like this as I know it can become frustrating and I don't know you personally).

If that fails to get a satisfactory response/result, send a politely worded email off to the Executive team: jeremy dot darroch at bskyb dot com

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast