Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

this is a joke

This is a discussion on this is a joke within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; yesterday was day 8. ive decided to stick with it. like the song goes . things can only get better.???? ...

markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

this is a joke

yesterday was day 8. ive decided to stick with it. like the song goes . things can only get better.????
      just got in from work and checked sync speed 7020kbps, a quick speed test with adsl guide showed 0.7mb . so i tried the dsl zone uk speed test. after 5 mins i gave up.
      tried to download i tunes (my favourate speed test ) speeds between 20kbps - 25kbps .
      i then rebooted router and got sync at 6400. i tunes kicked in at about 800kbps but soon dropped to less than 80kbps, still cant get get any of the speed tests to load, and web pages are very slow opening.
      tomorrow is day 10, so its the last day of router training. so then everything should be zipping along. mmmmmmmmmm
      the strange thing is that even though my line is syncing at 6000-7000 my exchange is still showing i can only get 2mb max

2. Advertisement
      boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Have you been rebooting your router during the training period. I am thoroughly confused over this, I originally sync'd at 2752 but this dropped down to just over 1Mb, after a few reboots fot it to 1664 but not enough to convince BT to up by throughput to 1.5MBps.

Should you be rebooting the router daily or what during the training period, I have seen no evidence of line training going on. I was connected on the 29th Sept but with no Sky BB router, so had my old netgear hooked up, would the training have been undertaken on this router even though not fully connected to Sky network or did it start on Friday 6th when I got my Sky router online.

markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

just got a speed test done with dsl zone uk 0.4mb

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/speedtest/s....php?id=282005