Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband Lite and upgrade queries

This is a discussion on Broadband Lite and upgrade queries within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi My mum has Broadband Lite and rarely goes over the 2Gb limit, but it has happened. I have a ...

bvgc77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: VM 10Mb
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Broadband Lite and upgrade queries

Hi

My mum has Broadband Lite and rarely goes over the 2Gb limit, but it has happened.

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help with.

1. I have read on here something about using an old Sky router to avoid the useage count, is this correct as I have both an old Sky router and a netgear DG834GT router I purchased from comet.

2. Sky have advised the unlimited package is only available if she has Sky line rental, which she does not (BT). If this is the case, does this mean they cannot automatically upgrade her if she breaches the 2Gb limit, or is it different rules for them?

3. If they do upgrade her automatically, does this start a new 12 month contract?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Apoc3001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Broadband Lite and upgrade queries

1. I think the usage count will still total up if you swap routers but not 100% on this.

2. Unlimited package is available for anyone who has sky broadband in an LLU area ie-not broadband connect. That means she could be auto-upgraded, guidelines are over 2GB twice in a 6 month period.

3. It does not start a new 12 month contract if auto-upgraded.

tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

will not matter what router is used as usage is generated by pc or similar device, unlimited is available for any sky package but probably systems will not a upgrade without also getting line rental , but would try again if you are exceeding limited but what usually happens if 2 or more times exceeded in 6 month package would normally be automatically upgraded
      can i ask how much exceeding limit or if this varies much , then would keep close eye on usage to prevent exceeding really limiting to browsing and e-mails browsing you tube or even alot facebook can lift levels

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

I would check, but Sky are currently doing a special for existing Sky TV customers. The offer ends on 27th July I believe.

Check on-line to see if she can qualify.

Other options include Quidco.

If you don't do anything about it for the moment, Sky do allow 2 transgressions. After the 3rd, they normally automatically upgrade you to Sky Broadband Unlimited.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms