Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Local Only with Netgear N600 DGND3700

This is a discussion on Local Only with Netgear N600 DGND3700 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, I'm a tad desperate and after a bit of help if at all possible. I've got Sky Broadband ...

OptiMystic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Local Only with Netgear N600 DGND3700

Hi Guys,

I'm a tad desperate and after a bit of help if at all possible.

I've got Sky Broadband Unlimited and have found the provided modem to be subpar in terms of range. As such, I've purchased a Netgear N600 modem router to resolve this.

However, so far I've only been able to get a local area connection up and running with the internet being entirely elusive - I'd love to give some information as to where I think the problem is, but I'm honestly not sure where the fault lies (except possibly with me).

It currently isn't set up with the Sky Modem via EWAN, but I have tried this and this was also unsuccessful. Is it possible someone could give some advice on this?

Currently the N600 is connected directly to the phone line and the PC via a LAN cable.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Local Only with Netgear N600 DGND3700

You will find out all the info you need to connect a non Sky router in this section
      Asking for help

This thread in particular-
      Non-Sky Router Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If your existing router is connecting using MER instead of PPPoA, then you may not be able to connect it at all. See the status page of your router to find out your network type.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.