Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Please help if you can

This is a discussion on Please help if you can within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just about had it now, things were just about bearable with download speed of 2558kbs with uploads of 705 now ...

jimmyr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Please help if you can

Just about had it now, things were just about bearable with download speed of 2558kbs with uploads of 705 now it has been at 2.1mb download and 253kbs upload for about a fortnight, i cannot us anything extra, such as "if i am on pc the son cannot use xbox live at all." No using Apple tv, i am paying for nothing.
      When i ran a test at sky for what broadband i can get at my address with my line this is what i get back.
      Your current phone line is not compatible with Sky Broadband and Talk. To take Sky Broadband and Talk, please use our address checker to see if you can also order a compatible Sky Talk phone line.Check your address

Ran another "Sky Test" to see if i could have Sky, this is what i got "
      You don't currently have an active compatible landline at your address so you need to take Sky Talk with Sky Line Rental to proceed with your order".
      So what is that all about, i already pay for line with Sky, i already have "Sky unlimited" so whats going on, are they trying to get more money out of me by trying to get me to sign another contract.

I have changed the faceplate as per Stubbies instructions few months back, i have even tried connecting direct without faceplate on.

Here is my figures from "Statistics" in router.

WAN MER 9116 30650 0 11 192 0:18:17

Connection Speed 2558 kbps 253 kbps
      Line Attenuation 57.0 dB 33.3 dB
      Noise Margin 6.3 dB 18.9 dB
      Last edited by jimmyr; 12-07-12 at 12:41 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Please help if you can

So what is that all about, i already pay for line with Sky, i already have "Sky unlimited" so whats going on, are they trying to get more money out of me by trying to get me to sign another contract.
      That always happens. For some stupid reason Sky can't recognise its own Network. If you go to your MySky page you may find you have an option to upgrade to fibre there. Failing that call Sky and ask them if Fibre is available to you.

With regards your ADSL, call Sky and ask them to try your line on G.DMT as you are having a lot of problems with it. With your distance from the exchange you are never going to get a really good speed which would allow multiple users access to the Internet.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV
      Thanks

Re: Please help if you can

Yeah like above post says phone sky ask for G.DMT as your line isn't running properly with ADSL2+ and the upstream should go higher too, shouldn't be that low. :O