Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Like Tree7Likes

lift & shift

This is a discussion on lift & shift within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; They just cancelled on me & are coming tomorrow morning instead. So all those things i had planned for today, ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: lift & shift

They just cancelled on me & are coming tomorrow morning instead.

So all those things i had planned for today, some of which i rearranged for tomorrow, have just been flushed away.

"Oh deary me", i just said.
      jayhab likes this.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 19995*kbps 1175*kbps
      Line Attenuation 23.0*dB 14.3*dB
      Noise Margin 7.1*dB 9.0*dB

PING 212.58.241.131 (212.58.241.131): 56 data bytes
      56 bytes from 212.58.241.131: icmp_seq=0 ttl=247 time=24.3 ms
      56 bytes from 212.58.241.131: icmp_seq=1 ttl=247 time=23.9 ms
      56 bytes from 212.58.241.131: icmp_seq=2 ttl=247 time=24.2 ms
      56 bytes from 212.58.241.131: icmp_seq=3 ttl=247 time=24.2 ms

I've been put on a different line between the pcp cabinet & the distribution point outside.
      All tests came back clear as usual, so the assumption was made that the high resistance fault was simply too small to detect.

I dont think i'll tempt fate & ask sky about running dlm.
      Even if it used a 6db noise margin & i broke the 20mb barrier, i'm guessing it wouldn't be good for my latency.

boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV
      Thanks

WOW that was crazy all that trouble you have been through, at least your connection is back to normal now mate.

I always had noise problems on my line when I was with sky but they always was ignorent about and basically said put up with it, they did a hell of a lot for you.

My problem was probably a loose joint at the pole as they fitted the lines way too tight for a long time the lines was very tight my line ended up breaking a couple of the things that pinned the line to the house. Not once did they say we will send some one round to check the line. Even after phoning telling sky the line had been swinging about as it had come off the wall on the house, they said it will be fine.

Glad im on virgin now anyway LOL
      gymno likes this.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Thanks boothy_08
      Yes, they did do a hell of a lot for me. I dread to think of the costs involved.

Despite your experience, i still maintain that cst are one of the most pleasant, professional & helpful departments i've ever had to deal with. Period.
      In my particular case i would say that, apart from maybe escalating things a little earlier, they simply couldn't have done any more & that the confidence they instilled in me meant i remained relatively stress free throughout.
      Infact, in the end i was more frustrated over the apparent contractual arrangement that left sky, at times, with their hands tied.

Hopefully that's pretty much the end of this thread *swears blind can hear cheers* & i can get back to some gaming now.

So for the 2nd time, thanks again everyone that posted & helped out.
      This really is an excellent forum.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345