Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SagemCom Sky router and O2 Boostbox issues

This is a discussion on SagemCom Sky router and O2 Boostbox issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi there thanks fo the suggestion, I have tried everything and its not fixed the problem, I have however now ...

johnmac1990 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: SagemCom Sky router and O2 Boostbox issues

hi there
      thanks fo the suggestion, I have tried everything and its not fixed the problem, I have however now fixed it by cancelling my sky broadband and going back to BT.
      Watch this space, I believe (looking at all the blogs out there) there will be an influx of problems with the sky routers - with gaming and the o2 boostboxes which are not far from going to the general market, I even borrowed a Voda sure signal as they are made by the same company sagem and it still didnt work, I have tried 2 new routers from Sky and an older one but there is a big problem somewhere, the big problem is SKY will not help anyone around their settings because as far as they are concerned, if the broadband connection works, they have no further responsilibity, unfortunately, we have all moved on and want / need more from technilogy, especially when the capabilities are avaiable with both the hardware offering 4 ports and the virtual surver settings.
      If it hadnt worked from day one I would put it down to "IT wasnt meant to be" but it worked fine from Jan - June this year then boom, game over,

Still keep my movies with Sky for now though as SKY+ does take some beating...

2. Advertisement
      slimchris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hey

I hope someone can help, I'm now on my second O2 Boostbox using a sky router. I'm sure the Boostbox is working and the router hasn't got a problem, siganl strength is great. The Boostbox is almost exactly the same as Vodaphone sure signal box.

I've had no success with Sky customer services and O2 just keep sending out new boxes. I keep reading about opening ports in the router. I can open the router but thats as far as my ablility goes.

Any solutions ? I guess every other Boostbox user will have the same problems when it goes live to the public next month if they are using Sky ?!

please help

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It is a bit strange that few have problems with the Vodaphone Sure Signal once it is set up properly, yet just about everyone has problems with the Boostbox from O2. It suggests O2 have not done their homework properly.

All I can suggest is that you try putting the Box into the DMZ of the router. If you want to try this connect the box to the router, open the router settings and go to the Advanced tab, LAN IP setup and click Add. Select the box's entry and click Apply. Make a note of its IP address and click the WAN Setup link. Tick Default DMZ Server and put the address you noted into the address spaces. Now click the Maintenance tab and select Diagnostics, at the very bottom click Reboot the Router. Wait till it reconnects then test your Boostbox.

I don't think this has any security implications, but if anyone thinks it does, maybe they will say so.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

b3m4 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slimchris View Post
      Hey

I hope someone can help, I'm now on my second O2 Boostbox using a sky router. I'm sure the Boostbox is working and the router hasn't got a problem, siganl strength is great. The Boostbox is almost exactly the same as Vodaphone sure signal box.

I've had no success with Sky customer services and O2 just keep sending out new boxes. I keep reading about opening ports in the router. I can open the router but thats as far as my ablility goes.

Any solutions ? I guess every other Boostbox user will have the same problems when it goes live to the public next month if they are using Sky ?!

please help
      Has anyone made any headway with this? 3 months on I'm still unable to use my mobile at home
      Preferences
      Last edited by Scubbie; 22-12-12 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Removed spurious text

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Have you got the latest firmware for the Sagem 2504N?

The most recent one being rolled out is Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI.

If you do not have it, you may want to wait or try mrmt32's customised version: Custom Firmware for Sagemcom 2504N (Based on Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI)

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for you response Scubbie, however I actually have a Huewei HG612, but this was the closet thread to my problem. With this in mind are you able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

lol - Ok, I see you've updated your profile.

The Huewei HG612 is the BTO Modem. Which router are you using?

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

A reboot of the router may be necessary to complete the port forwarding!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi you are quite right. I have the
      F@ST2504n router, using 5.27.1a4N firmware. I don't have the ability to flash the router (unless you know where i can find an idiots step by step guide!). I am happy to go to PC World and
      purchase a out of the box router that will requite no intervention from me, so again if you recommend any models that would do this I'll me most grateful.

I have rebooted the router after completing the port forwarding but still no joy.

Thanks

If you are not happy following the instructions in the thread linked previously to the custom firmware which mrmt32 has developed, I would advise against getting your own non-router as all will require you to update the firmware manually to either the manufacturer's firmware or a custom firmware.

There are also instructions in the same thread to give you a link to the tools to put the Sky firmware back on your router. This can be downloaded now for use later.

Sky are rolling out the new version gradually, but there will not be any new updates over the Christmas period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12