Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to log on to DG834GT

This is a discussion on Unable to log on to DG834GT within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm hoping someone can help with a problem. I recently did a factory reset on my Vista Home Basic pc ...

terryco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unable to log on to DG834GT

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem. I recently did a factory reset on my Vista Home Basic pc and my broadband speed has dropped quite a bit since then. My speed test December 2011 was Download 3.50 mb upload 0.65 mb ping 52 ms, and now 22 June 2012 its 1.52 down and 0.50 up Ping 104 ms I have tried logging on to the router with 192.168.0.1 and i get the box asking for name and password. I enter admin and sky and all i get is "Internet Explorer cannot display this page what you can try diagnose connection problems" I have also tried several times resetting the router by pressing the button at the back but still the same hapens. I cannot access the router to update it. If anyone can help i would be most gratefull thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Unable to log on to DG834GT

You must hold the button in the back in for about 10 secs, just pressing it will not reset it. Try that and report back with your stats.
      How to get your router statistics - Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket - Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Isitme. I have tried several times holding the button in for more than 10 seconds. An orange light like a tick comes on and the router fires up again but i still get
      "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" after putting admin and sky into the log on box. Theres no problem accessing the internet. The problem happens with Internet Explorer. With Firefox it states The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading after i enter the log on details.
      Last edited by terryco; 23-06-12 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks

I think all you can do is call Sky and explain the problem to them. They may offer you another router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I Emaild Sky and they sent me a new software disc. This didn't improve the speed so i asked them about sending me a new router. They told me it would cost 35 as the warranty had expired. I have been given a non sky badged DG834GT without the software disc from a freind . I tried the new software disc from Sky and it all fires up ok but i'm not able to connect to the internet. Is there a way i can use it or do i have to buy the Sky router. Thanks for any help

tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

sometimes the old v1 netgears default password to password instead of sky

Exchange:
      Thanks

I tried that but it doesn't work. Thanks anyway

Thanks

If you want to use a non Sky router you will have to set it up with the username and password from your Sky router. You can find out how to do that here- Extracting Sky Router passwords

TomD

Useful Utilites

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

If you haven't done so already, try powering up the router with the phone line unplugged, give it long enough to complete the boot process, then try accessing the web interface. I have found the web servers on some routers will stop responding when the phone line is bad, presumably as they're using all the cpu time on error correction, although I don't think I've ever had that problem with a broadcom based one, such as this.

Sky have been rolling out updated firmware for the white netgear, so it is quite possible the flash has caused some corruption, so I'd suggest they ought to provide a free replacement.

Other than that I'd try re-flashing the sky firmware using the recovery software. Have a look for advice on doing that on the forum, because netgear's recovery utility apparently has compatibility issues with some versions of windows.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the tips. Ill try them and report back