Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky tech

This is a discussion on Sky tech within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by hugsie Has anyone with the ebay problem tried contacting ebay to ask why your ip is being ...

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by hugsie View Post
      Has anyone with the ebay problem tried contacting ebay to ask why your ip is being blocked?

Just a thought if it is a filter issue it may be more quickly resolved if ebay think they are losing money!
      With all due respect it isnt just ebay we all know there are many sites that we can not access. Are you suggesting it is us as consumers of sky bb that should take the initiative and contact all these sites (That we are unable to access)?
      As you can appreciate that is a lot of work that we all thought would have been don prior to start up.
      If skybb would have said "come and join us low cost bb with a crap service"
      well i know my answer!!!!

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      No not at all! I realise it is not just ebay, but my point was, if sky have notified the companies in control of the ip filters and they have not acted, perhaps Ebay are in a stronger position to get things moving.

It is a problem that is in most cases not at Sky's end t, they have no control over the IP filters of websites other than their own. I have only one site I cannot access, but I do appreciate how frustrating this is, I was just making a suggestion as something constructive to try and move things along.
      I spend a lot of time and effort trying to help people on this site so I really do appreciate how dreadful it is when you are one of the ones with the problem.

I meant it as in addition to Sky working to rectify the problem rather than instead of.
      I hope that is more clear now.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @hugsie

IM DESPERATE and all we all want is straight answers
      When you talk to tech help and get told its your settings a thousand times something snaps.
      SKY READ these remarks and take it in
      I want to here from official channels that yes sir we appologise for the delay in full service to your bb and we should be up and running in blah blah.
      how many people have to leave (or attempt to) before tech help really becomes tech help????????????????????
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 11-10-06 at 10:19 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceedong post ;-)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi Shadow

I think everyone in the UK wants answers, however they don't seem to be forthcoming. As a site we have tried to ask the questions and try to get answers, some we have, some we haven't.

Sky have an ideal oppurtunity to speak to their customers on here, but so far officially only 2 posts.

At the end of the day though, Sky are not unique in having problems, Talk Talk and so on have just the same issues and probably a lot more unhappy customers.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I understand but
      "hey no buts"
      sometimes you just need to sound off, i hope i didnt offend anyone (except anyone who works for sky ).
      Or i should say the people in charge of the sky tech help the ones telling them NOTHING or telling them to admit nothing either way "HELP" before i go crazy and set fire to my pubic hair in protest.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi Shadow

You are free to have your say on here! As long as it is done constructively everyone is welcome to do so.

before i go crazy and set fire to my pubic hair in protest.
      I wouldn't do that if I was you - may hurt

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Ronni is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Barnabas, EMSTBBS
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post

At the end of the day though, Sky are not unique in having problems, Talk Talk and so on have just the same issues and probably a lot more unhappy customers.
      I agree with you

I had problems with sky, so I went back to Pipex on a 14.99 pcm 2Mbps 15Gb Cap Package.

This afternoon I learnt they (Pipex) Mis-sold me the package & I'm on the 1Mbps speed instead of 2Mbps agreed package.
      I know speed is not huge difference, but its a matter of principle.

In the end I accepted 1Mbps (instead of the agreed 2Mbps), as I don't have the time or patience to sort out..

Oh, When I called Pipex customer Service this afternoon to query my speed, I Was initally told by the advisor, that my line cannot handle more than 1Mbps, & hence the reason for not getting the agreed 2Mbps. Talk about bad customer service! this guy must have been from a different planet altogether..
      Last edited by Ronni; 12-10-06 at 12:37 AM. Reason: I always forget words

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Skytech, is it true that it's not possible to get an estimated timline for sorting out equipment at an exchange?

Been offline for a month now, and after BT confirmed that my line is ok, that ceased to be the standard reply and I was told that part of the Sky equipment (DSLAN?) needs to be fixed at the fulham exchange, and that they've been aware of this problem since september 25th, but still have no idea how long it may take.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12