Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Viewing CCTV on internet and Mobile

This is a discussion on Viewing CCTV on internet and Mobile within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I managed to set my DVR up so I could view it over my LAN but could not figure out ...

Delson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Viewing CCTV on internet and Mobile

I managed to set my DVR up so I could view it over my LAN but could not figure out how to view it over WAN - that is until I read 1540Phil's step by step guide - I can now view it over both using the same app "KMEYE4". I have an iphone4s and ipad. It's an excellent easy to follow guide.

2. Advertisement
      kaspagreen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi guys can you help.
      I am having trouble viewing my cctv on my mobile phone outside of my wifi range ie: on mobile data. I have read all your replies , followed phils post but still cant get my head around it all.
      I have a sky router hub and a H.264 network digital video recorder.
      I have obtained a host name throught no-ip and dyns and tried them both . Its obviously something simple im not doing. I can view the cams on my pc and mobile in my house via wifi but not on other outside of home pcs or phone.
      Can someone take me through the process stage by stage i would be very appreciated. Im virtually pc stupid although i have managed to port forward ect but maybe not correctly .
      Thanks in advance. Steve

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Hello kaspagreen and welcome to the forum.

Essentially it sounds like you need to set up some port forwarding.

When you are using the app on your phone you should have specified a specific port number or one will have been pre-set (check the manual if you are unsure). You will then need to set up a 'Service' and forward that service to the device which you need to access.

Before that, you will also need to ensure that the device has a fixed IP Address. If the local IP Address for the device should change at a later date (i.e. from switching off the router), the Port Forwarding will need to be changed each time, so a fixed IP Address is normally the best solution.

There are two ways to fix the IP Address. One would be to set it in the device, the second to set it in your router. Check your device's manual to see if this has already been done. Personally I now prefer to set the address in the router as it makes it easier should you change the router and/or router's range at a later date.

IP Address Reservation

Once checked over, set up the port forwarding:
      Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345