Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Viewing CCTV on internet and Mobile

This is a discussion on Viewing CCTV on internet and Mobile within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, Im also suffering the same situation, I can access the DVR with my Iphone and PC whilst on ...

Mike head is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Viewing CCTV on internet and Mobile

Hi there, Im also suffering the same situation, I can access the DVR with my Iphone and PC whilst on WIFI, but as soon as I leave my WIFI and connect to 3G or another WIFI connection I cant access it. I've set up with no-ip.org but if i type my host name in I get no response and cannot display the web page. I've set up port forwarding as in my DVR manual but nothing. HELP PLEASE!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have you included the port number in the address you are trying, ie mikehead.noip:xxxx (insert port number of DVR)?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Mike head (05-04-13)

dar1000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Midsomer Norton Rmcux
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike head View Post
      Hi there, Im also suffering the same situation, I can access the DVR with my Iphone and PC whilst on WIFI, but as soon as I leave my WIFI and connect to 3G or another WIFI connection I cant access it. I've set up with no-ip.org but if i type my host name in I get no response and cannot display the web page. I've set up port forwarding as in my DVR manual but nothing. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Have you tried downloading an app for your phone, I use IP Cam Viewer they have a free version that I tried 1st to make sure it worked then upgraded to the paid version for a 1 or 2. I use it on android from the play store, Ive checked if they have the app for the iPhone and they do, just Google it. It works brilliantly on my phone and tablet.

Swannview (if that's what your using) only works inside your wifi range, as I found out after many hours messing around with the settings.

IP Cam Viewer works over the mobile network and not wifi. So when your at home use Swannview then when away from home use IP Cam Viewer.
      Last edited by dar1000; 04-04-13 at 10:09 PM. Reason: added more info

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dar1000 For This Useful Post:

Mike head (05-04-13)

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dar1000 View Post
      IP Cam Viewer works over the mobile network and not wifi. So when your at home use Swannview then when away from home use IP Cam Viewer.
      To get around this I use two settings for my IP Cams. The first setting is for when I am away from home, the 2nd setting refers to the LAN IP Address for when I am at home.

I raised this and it was suggested that I set up a manual port forwarding for the IP Cams and this resolved the issue. However I would prefer to be able to view them without the port forwarding.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Mike head is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Still no joy the app i'm using is Meye, it works over wifi. Ive tried both of the apps you recommended but still no luck.I set up a no-ip.org still doesnt work. I tried canyouseeme.org and it says the ports are closed and it doesn't matter what port number i put it. ive also copied the relevant info for port forwarding for my router. Like i say the cctv can be viewed on the iphone and on my desktop pc but only when on the same lan

- - - Updated - - -

yes I've tried that. something must be blocking me

I managed to get IP cam viewer working but again only when connected to my wifi

I'm really confused.I've tried everything on the forum
      Last edited by Mike head; 07-04-13 at 08:13 PM.

dar1000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Midsomer Norton Rmcux
      Thanks

I had to setup with Dyn.com so I got a single constant IP address as my PC/router keeps changing mine. With Dyn looking after it it keep one single address so I could view my cams. Dynamic DNS | Remote Access cost me 16.00 yearly ($25 on the website).

froggythrower is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01733
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Hello all,

Just to let you peeps know as it may help someone

I bought a new Swann DVR8-1400 system, I have managed to set it up using a Sky Sagem Fast 2504N Router and currently have access from my home network and remotely from other PC's and access on my Ipad2, iphone4 and iphone5

I have used the dhcp setting in my dvr, turned on upnp in my router, forwarded the ports in my router, set up the services and reserved my internal dvr lan address as stated within this thread using the following settings

Web port - 85
      Mobile port - 8500
      Media port - 8000

I have not set up DDNS and it wasn't needed to get it working initially, although you will need to periodically change the ip address settings in your smart phone app when sky issue you a new ip address unless you set up a DDNS service, although with a Sky router you can only use http://dyn.com as there are no options within the router to use a different service.

At first I could not get any remote access working, I kept getting a message saying ''login failed'' or ''username/password error''

I stumbled upon the answer accidentally and it was very simple, although you can set a password within the DVR longer than 6 characters, if I used more than 6 characters I just kept getting the error messages, after changing my username and password to 6 letters each I managed to log straight in, I have tested this theory by using more than 6 characters and it fails to log in everytime, but logs into the dvr straight away with 6 characters or less

Also, when using the swann app on iphone/ipad, unless your mobile data signal is strong/fast you will not be able to reliably log in and use the service, all you get is 'buffering' or 'login failed' messages from the iphone app if your network signal strength is weak and a black screen, in a good signal area the app works perfectly.

Also, accessing your dvr from the web can only be done using internet explorer, and you must have admin rights, due to the fact that when initially connecting to the dvr it supplies and asks you to install an activeX setting to the browser, the activeX cannot be run in either Chrome nor Safari.

I anybody has an question please feel free to give me a shout
      Last edited by froggythrower; 07-06-13 at 10:25 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to froggythrower For This Useful Post:

lincoln (08-06-13)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I stumbled upon the answer accidentally and it was very simple, although you can set a password within the router longer than 6 characters, if I used more than 6 characters I just kept getting the error messages, after changing my username and password to 6 letters each I managed to log straight in, I have tested this theory by using more than 6 characters and it fails to log in everytime, but logs into the dvr straight away with 6 characters or less
      I am not sure how you managed to set a password of 6 characters on the router, WEP or WPA will not allow this. Or do you mean the password to log into your DVR? If it only allows 6 characters, that's not very secure.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I am not sure how you managed to set a password of 6 characters on the router, WEP or WPA will not allow this. Or do you mean the password to log into your DVR? If it only allows 6 characters, that's not very secure.
      Sorry, I have edited the post now, I meant the password to log into the DVR system, and yes 6 characters does make the system a bit insecure but only the admin password has full DVR remote access, you can use more than 6 characters for passwords and the DVR has the ability to set up other users to allow remote access, you can set multiple users and variable permissions for each user, but only the admin password has the ability to change settings remotely, so just set up a secure password within the DVR for the admin user, then setup another username to use when accessing the DVR by remote or in-app remembering to use 6 characters for this user/password.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by froggythrower View Post
      I have not set up DDNS and it wasn't needed to get it working initially, although you will need to periodically change the ip address settings in your smart phone app when sky issue you a new ip address unless you set up a DDNS service, although with a Sky router you can only use http://dyn.com as there are no options within the router to use a different service.
      I have now setup a DDNS service with my dvr system and can confirm it works perfectly, whats more it didn't cost me a penny as Swann run their own DDNS service free for anybody who owns a Swann system

Just set-up a free account at mydvr.swanndvr.com Swann DDNS

Then setup your dvr in the dvr's menu using the manual that came with your dvd to use the account details you created above and you will not need to pay anybody for this service

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast