Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

dgnd3300 wont connect to sky

This is a discussion on dgnd3300 wont connect to sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Evening all just after a bit of help reguarding the said router connecting to sky. We have been using it ...

mattnsare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01538
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs down dgnd3300 wont connect to sky

Evening all just after a bit of help reguarding the said router connecting to sky. We have been using it fine since august last year with no issues till last week. Internet started running really slow (56k slow) so a phone call to sky and basically weve gone over our weekly usage and told to ease off for a bit and it will sort its self out. However since then the internet has still been slow so I tried rebooting the router and now it wont connect to sky at all. Its showing LCP and CHAP errors but ive checked and rechecked all the settings and username / password still nothing. Ive left it on all night and day today while at work and its still not connected so ive had to go back the the dlink one sent by sky which works fine. Ive even tired my old DGN834N router and it has the exact same issues trying to connect. The dlink is connecting using PPPoA not MER so the only thing I can think of is I had to give the MAC code of the dlink router for them to find out why we were getting slow speeds so im guessing theyve blocked any other MAC address other than the one on the dlink router?

If anyone could help Id really appreciate it

2. Advertisement
      snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: dgnd3300 wont connect to sky

cant you spoof the MAC address? I can on my 834N , im using it right now.. both your netgears should have this options:

switch

DOES YOUR CONENCTION REQUIRE A LOGIN: to NO

this will reveal the MAC ADDRESS box at bottom,
      check USE THIS MAC ADDRESS: and enter the D-Link Mac address just same .. 12:34:56:78:90:AB (on mine I have the : between each hex number as shown on left there)
      now click APPLY, this forces the router to show that as its MAC Address.
      now change:
      DOES YOUR CONENCTION REQUIRE A LOGIN: to YES
      your details should still be there, now click APPLY

that might re-sync the router , but I would unlpug it for 30 seconds then plug it back in and see if it connects

mine does, when I reverted back to its normal MAC it worked for about a week then I had to spoof it again...so now I just leave it spoofed.

hope this helps
      - Hardware - Netgear DG834Nv1
      - Line Attenuation - 27.5db
      - Sync Rate - 17,600k
      - Noise Margin - 7db
      - Latency - 28ms

mattnsare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01538
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: dgnd3300 wont connect to sky

Thanks for the reply. I've got I've got it working again now turns out the password was wrong! I do have another problem though, its been working fine for awhile but this last week we were back to slow speeds and unable to load web pages even thought the sync speed was over 8000K and the wireless signal being there but my phone couldn't get an IP address. No settings were changed on the router before it went slow/flaky, so did the usual turn off and back on but that didn't fix it, ended up using the sky router again and its fine fast speeds and my phone connects no problem. Don't know whether to take it back for a refund or not as we've not had it for 12months yet, anyone else had these kind of problems with the DGND3300v2?