Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Webpages not loading.

This is a discussion on Webpages not loading. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just tried having a look and it loaded in an instance, has there been any nameserver changes or DNS issues?...

Poppet25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Webpages not loading.

Just tried having a look and it loaded in an instance, has there been any nameserver changes or DNS issues?

2. Advertisement
      NokiaGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gosport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi all,

well my problems have been resolved. I got a mail back from the hosting company last night informing me that my IP address had indeed been blocked. They said it was due to too many incorrect logins - not that that was correct because before I got blocked, I'd been using my ftp software with a saved password and not once did I get rejected due to a wrong password. Regardless, they had lifted the block and I am now able to access once again.

Thanks to all the replies from everyone in this thread. I hope all that are having problems soon get them resolved. If anyone is still having trouble accessing certain sites, I would definitely recommend trying Ultrasurf which I posted a link to earlier in this thread - it's free and I found it works great.

Neil.

JoD
      JoD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birkdale
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have just registered so that I can thank cjsmith7 for posting the DNS numbers things on that closed thread. I have been messing about for days trying to get our internet working properly, specifically the iTunes app store. We acquired an iPad just as the internet went bonkers and I mistakenly thought the two things were connected.

I'm off to download some apps now! Thanks again.

ANDYB1126 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Im getting really fed up with this now. Sky have just phoned again asking for more info from my computer. They did this yesterday and they said they would phone back last night when I was at home, they didnt phone back. They are treating it as if its a problem only of mine. I tell them Ive changed my DNS setting and it works now, so thats all well and good for me, but Im still getting constant emails from people saying they cant get on my website, when I check they are all on Sky. Its been a week now, and Ive only been with Sky for two. Not a good start. If this isnt sorted by weekend they can do on. And Ill find another provider. Absolute joke. Rant over. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123