Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Webpages not loading.

This is a discussion on Webpages not loading. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You'll need to contact the host to find that out. Most will quickly be able to respond and clear things ...

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Webpages not loading.

You'll need to contact the host to find that out. Most will quickly be able to respond and clear things up for you.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      sam29 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I had the same problems - some sites would load, others wouldn't. It was the same across multiple devices and with different browsers. Spent an hour on the phone with a clueless tech who insisted on going through the script then put me on hold and cut me off! In the end, I changed all browsers on every machine to use opendns and the problem is resolved.

sam29 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      There have been some issues in the North West over the weekend. This is reportedly fixed, but the RSS feed shows them to be current.
      Scubbie, could you please point me to the RSS feed? I spent a very frustrating hour on the phone to sky yesterday where they denied any problem at their end.

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sam29 View Post
      Scubbie, could you please point me to the RSS feed? I spent a very frustrating hour on the phone to sky yesterday where they denied any problem at their end.
      Take a look at this section of out forum: Sky Broadband Service Status

For the current issues see: Sky Service Status

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Hammertime84 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Same problem here. Multiple devices, browsers etc. Changed my phone line, filters, reset router, hard reset and still no joy. Sky have already told me there is no issue at their end. Back on the phone tonight I think.

cjsmith7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01204
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Neil,
      I was about to start a new post on pretty much the same subject.
      Over the weekend certain sites just completely stopped working (BBC/AMAZON and a host of others) while other sites worked faultlessly.
      I have had the usual arguments / hang ups with sky tech support but I found that disabling windows firewall solves the issue.
      I then upgraded my ESET antivirus to the full suite and the same thing is happening although its now intermittent.
      All the sites work with the firewall off, and the same thing happens on my laptop.
      I also have a virgin media connection and everything works fine with firewall on and off on that one which suggests its the router to me.
      Sky tech support have now washed their hands as they say its a windows issue.
      I've no idea what to do next other than cancel sky (which i dont really want to do)

NokiaGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gosport
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Hi cjsmith,

I still can't access the sites I originally mentioned. It's those sites and those sites only. Everything else is working just fine. I'm still waiting to hear back from the hosting company that hosts those sites I need access to, to see if they've blocked my ip. Earlier tonight I downloaded Ultrasurf which is a free proxy. I set it up (very, very easy) and tried my sites again. Lo & behold, they load straight away. I'm now trying to get it to work with my ftp software so I can start actually working on the sites again. I'm just about up and running again, albeit in a roundabout kind of way....It's such a strange thing that's happening and the only thing I can think of is that the host site has banned the ip of my sky router. If I hear back from them, I'll be sure to post up and let you know what they say...

Thanks for the reply

Neil.

ANDYB1126 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Ive just replied to this issue in the other post before typing here. Ive just come off the phone to Sky and they have no updates, its definately a Sky issue, as I have three other sets of friends who are connected to my exchange, and none of them are able to access the sites that I cannot. Sky have asked me to provide them with their landline numbers but after 4 days they still have no updates. The issue is definately getting worse. I first noticed it on Saturday when I couldnt access my own site, and as it stands now, I cant access most of them internet. My PS3 also will not connect. Occasionally it will work for a period of around 5-10 mins, and I can access everything, then with no drop in connection I lose access to everything and my PS3 disconnects. Ive been with Sky for two weeks, and have been without decent access for 4 days. Less than impressed.

ANDYB1126 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Following on from this thread Random Web Pages not working / firewall/router issue?
      I have just done exactly the same as cjsmith, and changed my DNS to the google DNS. I know nothing about DNS or what it does, but this has fixed my problem.
      What I find odd is that Sky are telling me they have no idea what the issue is, well if a few on here can figure it out so easily then surely they can?

The worrying point of view for me, is that even though I can, half of my town still cant access my website, which is annoying as Im trying to sell them images from a series of events Im photographing.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I've also been having occasional problems accessing some sites, but oddly mine seems to be a 1500 packet size issue - I confirmed using ping -f -l 1472 . Some sites it worked, but for others I needed to reduce packet size by 4 bytes, to work reliably.

So I now have the router's mtu set to 1478.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast