Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Do these stats look OK?

This is a discussion on Do these stats look OK? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My upload speed isn't that great & there's definitely a noticeable delay when clicking a website link & the page ...

marcobrien is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01793
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Do these stats look OK?

My upload speed isn't that great & there's definitely a noticeable delay when clicking a website link & the page beginning to load (even when connected via Ethernet cable). No extensions. Connected directly to main socket. Is there anything in my stats that might indicate an area I should be looking at?

Thanks

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 21957028 36010116 0 0 5710 22:59:32
      LAN Up 51540386 44461653 0 0 2217 23:00:35
      WLAN Up 23369492 16615347 0 0 1457 0:41:27
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 14475 kbps 921 kbps
      Line Attenuation 30.0 dB 17.8 dB
      Noise Margin 8.3 dB 10.5 dB

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Do these stats look OK?

Your stats are very good. Although your upload speed could be a bit higher it is more than enough for browsing. I would be looking at the PC for some kind of problem. Run Malwarebytes to make sure that it is clean and not infected. Maybe try another browser, one that is clean with no addons, these can slow down browsing considerably.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Everything on the PC is OK. No infections or malware. Google Chrome installed (with no add-ons/extensions). Any ideas on how to increase upload speed?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You could call Sky and ask them if they can increase it, but be aware that if you get the wrong agent they could mess up your connection and leave you worse off than you are. Probably the most you would get would be another 100kbps, which will make little difference to your speed.

What OS are you using? If you still have XP them TCPOptimiser can make a big difference. (Link below). There are also a couple of tweaks for Vista on the link. If you have Win7 you can use the optimiser, but it is unlikely to make a lot of difference.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

marcobrien (30-04-12)

Thanks

I've also noticed a delay/lag when clicking a link & it actually beginning to load. I would say it ranges from 0.1 - 0.5 seconds. Just checked ping (pingtest.net) & it averages 47ms with a 2ms jitter. Using Google Chrome 19 (beta). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You could call Sky and ask them if they can increase it, but be aware that if you get the wrong agent they could mess up your connection and leave you worse off than you are. Probably the most you would get would be another 100kbps, which will make little difference to your speed.

What OS are you using? If you still have XP them TCPOptimiser can make a big difference. (Link below). There are also a couple of tweaks for Vista on the link. If you have Win7 you can use the optimiser, but it is unlikely to make a lot of difference.
      Installed TCP Optimiser. Using Windows 7 so not sure if I'll see any benefit.

Thanks for responding