Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone Heard of a 'Tie Pair' on the exchange!?

This is a discussion on Anyone Heard of a 'Tie Pair' on the exchange!? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hiya all, I was wondering if anyone has heard of the term 'tie pair' on the exchange. I ordered sky ...

kop
      kop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hounslow
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone Heard of a 'Tie Pair' on the exchange!?

Hiya all,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the term 'tie pair' on the exchange. I ordered sky on 23rd September 2006 and got the confirmation letter stating that they would be in touch etc...

Never got a second letter, however sky confirmed that my activation date was tomorrow! (10th October 2006). I have called Sky nearly every day making sure that all was OK and that it was going ahead and informed them that I still had no confirmation letter staing my connection date etc!!

Anyway, i today again call Sky and this time they tell me that my order has been delayed and that Sky have requsted twice to BT Wholsale for them to carry out a 'Tie Pair' on my line in the exchange!

Im currently on the fone to BT Wholesale (Tel number for your reference 0800 085 0646) and hopefully I will get some sense out of them!! Probably not though...LOL

I did speak to the normal BT customer services and they knew nothing about any orders that had been placed on my line and so gave me the number to the correct deept. (BT Wholesale)

Anyone else had the above problems etc.....

2. Advertisement
      kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Let us know if you get anywhere with BT Wholesale, I'm also waiting for them to do something, got a number to call BT yesterday (just customer services), but they said only BT Wholesale has this info and the only way to contact them is through sky!?! Sky of course are clueless, might try that number you provided tongiht, thanks for posting it.

kop
      kop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hounslow
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Right an update!!!

BT Wholesale were very kind and spoke to me although they said this was against their rules!!

They knew nothing about any orders or pre-orders on my line and said that I should contact Sky again to tell them this.

I spoke to Sky again, this time for 45mins!!...LOL...The CS were helpful and said that the Tie Pair was carried out and did pass, however there is a error coming back showing on their system and that this is currently being worked on!! They have no date when this will be complete and said it wasnt my line where the problem is with, but a system problem....

Im just waiting again, with no broadband

lol...JOKE

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same situation here. good luck.

Skytech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tie pair

A tie pair is where ur phone and broadband lines are joined at the exchange,