Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Am I capped? 6meg for Isleworth exchange

This is a discussion on Am I capped? 6meg for Isleworth exchange within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well Boomish. An update from my end. I received my call back today (17/10) from tech support. My wife took ...

Barolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth, Middlesex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update on situation from Isleworth

Well Boomish. An update from my end.
      I received my call back today (17/10) from tech support. My wife took the call from them about 5pm, I suspect just before the 7:30pm SLA was going to be breached. We arranged for them to call back at 7:30pm and big surpise, no call back, but no worries you can't epect great service when they are overloaded and running on a tight budget of 80% of people on zero subsription cost.

Anyway, my current connection stats from the router have magically stabilised (for now). I don't kow if it is to do with calling support and they fixing something in the background, or the fact that I haven't used the computer for a week, but fyi my router stats are as follows:

System Up Time 146:18:30
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 177499 172126 0 40 403 146:16:41
      LAN 10M/100M 488 0 0 0 0 146:18:28
      WLAN 11M/54M/108M 175387 185646 0 411 46 146:18:18

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 2437 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 59.0 db 36.8 db
      Noise Margin 11.2 db 10.5 db

2. Advertisement
      boomish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry

well Barolo, 2.5 meg still isn't that good for a max package, I am at my wits end, I can't take any more of this crap service, I have to reboot the router regulary, the internet is cripplying slow, I had to reboot the router just to read this forum!

I am so fed up with being fed this rubbish service when I know we can get adsl2 to this area, and very reliable to from the same bloody exchange.

I can't get through to SKY, it's always at least 40 mins wait, I am am now at the point of tellin em to shove it where the sun don't shine..if I ever get through

Boomish
      Last edited by hugsie; 26-10-06 at 11:06 AM. Reason: to remove swearing

Barolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth, Middlesex
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I know what you mean, currently my internet connection stays up for around 3 to 4 days before requiring a router retstart, which I now do via the URL shortcut method. My speed does vary between 2 and 3.2mb.

I going to get them to put me on the mid package and pay 5 per month,

by the way I am still paying 14 per month for my 512kbps Now Wireless Internet Connection, which doesn't even work throuhg my wireless router anymore so comparing with what I have coming from sky isn't actually that bad....

I hope you are calling them on the freephone number for tech support ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12