Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do SKY support read or know their own help & support advice.

This is a discussion on Do SKY support read or know their own help & support advice. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I contacted Sky with regards to intermittant fault on the exchange and their date they intend to fix it. ...

Snipit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Do SKY support read or know their own help & support advice.

Hello,

I contacted Sky with regards to intermittant fault on the exchange and their date they intend to fix it. For some reason they started the 10 training again, the thing is it is now 12 days of line training. Throughput is reasonable although my speeds drop well below Skys guesstimate.

"Exchange name Status Resolution date
      NEWTOWN Exchange affected End of April"

"Your Connection Details

Testing on your broadband connection began on 07/04/2012 and will be completed within 10 days."

My questions are, What Is a Intermittant exchange fault. Why did SKY retrain my line, the exchange is at fault. Is this 12 day+ retrain normal.
      Last edited by Snipit; 19-04-12 at 03:09 PM.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Do SKY support read or know their own help & support advice.

Blame it on Sky's management - I'd say the majority of advisors aren't aware of the post code checker or that capacity issues exist and that's management's fault for not adequately highlighting it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Mmmm, i would not mind so much, I even sent them links to the post code checker in my complaint, all they have done is rattle my cage, 5weeks now untill I can pass the compalint on to the ombudmanson. Looks like reading emails is problem at SKY from the very top downwards!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sky's own internal status page shows exchange issues/maintenance etc. - there are faults on there regarding peak time loss of broadband/voice service ongoing since approximately the 05/04/12. Up until even days ago, no ETA or even any single update to advise customers of. The issue stems far higher than the guys on the phone who, unfortunately, can't do anything but apologise profusely that they don't know what's going on either.

I'd certainly be complaining if I was a customer.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Every damn ISP I have been with ends up like this Bt VM (full), to name a few, I'm yet to loose long term!. Over various addresses, they all try the same bleeting script of master socket, test socket, your aplliances etc. Never is though, its always ends up being their fault or their maintance operators fault, who they have to deal with.

Exchange:
      Thanks

In fairness, I have confidence that Sky will keep their promises to resolve the recent capacity issues and such. However, it'd be great if they updated their employees and of course the customers on what is actually happening.

In regards to 'scripts' - Dependant on the issue, Sky will run external tests first and foremost. If no external faults found, then the internal checks need to be done (which are all relevant as a high percentage of faults are on the customer's end, trust me).

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      In regards to 'scripts' - Dependant on the issue, Sky will run external tests first and foremost. If no external faults found, then the internal checks need to be done (which are all relevant as a high percentage of faults are on the customer's end, trust me).

It would help if they new difference between vdsl faceplate and plug in filter, I do, they do not. It would when i'm asked to connect to test socket, they listen to me, as I'm already connected to the test socket. It would help if they listen to me when I ask them not to run line training as there is a fault at the exchange, a new line train wont help!

This is awful started again-
      Connection Time 0:51:37
      Connecting to Server Connected.
      Negotiation MER
      Authentication AUTO

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The main problem seems to be that they do not keep much of a record of customer complaints and what has already been done. If they do, the agents do not seem to take any notice. You should not have to jump through hoops you have already crossed. Too often customers are asked to do this. As User05 suggested, the complaints system needs overhauled, from the top down. You can't really blame the guys, or gals, on the phone if they do not have proper guidance.

Have you checked if your exchange is on the list of those experiencing difficulties? Check here
      http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/servic...gory=Broadband

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes its on the list, thats why i'm annoyed, I asked them not to retrain my line, as I believe it would be pointless at this time, until the exchange fault is fixed. Alas they did not listen and went ahead.

They very likely dont like diffulcult (informed) customers as much as I dont like poor broadband service, thats as far as my empathy goes. As for blaming them, I'm paying customer who expects a service, as described, "We bring you reliable, high quality Sky Broadband and Talk packages using our own network - which now covers 83% of the UK". The blame, thats the process I have to adhere too until i filter upwards then I will blame whoever that is.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9499/supportne.jpg
      Last edited by Snipit; 19-04-12 at 06:25 PM.

jimconsole is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I'm too waiting til the end of the month for the fix to happen, although it has improved slightly.

Because it's a residential service we shouldn't expect sky to feel obliged to fix it in quick time with any sort of compensation but to accept their scheduled date. it maybe a tough ask for some but we just have to be patient.

There has been talk all over the place about exchanges being effected and sky have failed to confirm them on the list. surely they will inevitably be updated but i take it those currently not effected should be prepared for the worst sooner than later seeing as this problem must happen to everyone once in a while?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast