Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DVR Problems

This is a discussion on DVR Problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, i have purchased a Avtech Eagle Eyes CCTV unit which is able to connect to my iphone for ...

bristol boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bedminster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

DVR Problems

Hi Guys, i have purchased a Avtech Eagle Eyes CCTV unit which is able to connect to my iphone for viewing when away from the unit, i have set it up and done the port forwarding etc that is required and i am able to view it all okay on 3g through my iphone and my wifes HTC Wildfire very well when away from the property but only when the wireless is turned off on the router.
      My problem is that when i enable the wireless on the router for the laptops around the house, this stops the phones from connecting to the DVR and says that the IP address and port is not accessible, but whenever i disable the wireless the DVR will then connect back up again with no problems.
      Can anyone shed any light on this problem and how i can overcome it ok, or may be post up how it should be connected in case i have done it wrong.
      I would understand if it was the other way around and it connected when on wireless but it seems that the wireless enabled stops the 3g from connecting with the DVR.
      Thanks for any advice.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: DVR Problems

Have you given the DVR and phones fixed addresses and reserved these in the routers Address reservation list. Also make sure the WiFi on the devices is turned off before you try to connect with 3g.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

bristol boy (25-03-12)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi 'isitme', the DVR is showing up in the router as 192.***.*.* so i have added this to the reservation in the router, the DVR is connected by the DHCP connection and i also set up a ddns account with DynDns and enabled that, in the camera setting on the phone it asked for the ip address, i did a whats my ip and entered that what was given, which was 90.***.***.*** so i have entered this and the port number (which i have opened for the DVR) and it all connects fine with the wireless turned off but as soon as the wireless is enabled in the router, the phones can not connect on 3g with the DVR, it just says not accessible ip and port.
      Have i used the correct figures as it seems fine until the wireless comes on.
      Last edited by bristol boy; 25-03-12 at 11:58 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi 'isitme' . thanks very much you have solved it.I turned the wifi off on the iphone and it has connected with no problems, it seems that the phone was connecting to the wifi and trying to connect to the DVR that way, but as soon as i turned the wifi off it worked fine and connected with the 3g.Thanks a lot.