Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Nice one Sky!

This is a discussion on Nice one Sky! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That is good, DLM has started. You still have some spare space for improvement on the Upstream side. It is ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: Nice one Sky!

That is good, DLM has started.

You still have some spare space for improvement on the Upstream side. It is possible that DLM may change things so that some of this spare capacity is made available for the downstream connections.

See how things go. DLM will reset your connection overnight. Typically it is between 2-3am, but could be any time between 1am to 6am. You'll see this by looking at the Uptime for the WAN connection.

DLM does sometimes skip a night or two, so you will need to ensure that the Uptime reads more than 72 hours to know for sure if the process has completed.

Please do keep this thread updated.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Thanks. I sure will!.

it's likely this will be put down to either free or kept as a spare.. not sure yet. If it gets to 7-8 and stays there then I'll use it. Like I said all I want to do is watch on demand and skygo. not bothered about downloading stuff.

Thanks

Just reading through this again, and this is something that you may wish to seriously look into as you may get caught. I am aware that sites like TV-Catchup specifically ask if you have a TV License because streaming Live TV requires you to have a current TV License. However watching something that has already been aired and downloaded after the event does not require a TV License.

Sky Go can be watched either Live or delayed.

I suspect that if you watch Sky Go Live, then you will need a TV License.

I have no idea whether your IP Address would be passed to the TV Licensing Authority to confirm whether you have been streaming Live TV. I would expect such action would happen in the event that a Court Order was produced.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Thanks for raising the concern.

We watch only the on demand stuff on sky go. We watch all parts of Iplayer apart from the live bit. Same for netflix. We don't use tvcatchup as it is live.

The TV licence people have been round here and have watched what I do/how we do it and have said that we do not need a licence. A lot of it comes down to trust which is fair enough.

We have been registered as not needing a TV licence.

Thanks

No problem.

I think that it is totally unfair the way the current system works now to be fair.

People across Europe are able to purchase a suitable Satellite decoder and watch Freesat and pay no fees whatsoever.

The debate over whether the BBC should show advertisements is old, but I think that with the other broadcasting stations able to survive, they need to change their strategy and seriously consider advertising as a suitable source of income.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The debate over whether the BBC should show advertisements is old, but I think that with the other broadcasting stations able to survive, they need to change their strategy and seriously consider advertising as a suitable source of income.
      The BBC World service already uses advertising. Most of it I have seen has been for high end items like Rolex watches, Rangerovers and flights with the expensive airlines. I can't remember seeing any for corn flakes.
      Advertise With Us

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Well on top gear I saw that Evans had his ferraris in his massive shed. I am glad none of my TV licence fee went towards that!.

I just don't believe in paying 145 a year when all we seem to do is watch catchup. okay so you could argue the money goes towards making the shows which I am sure is right but as other stations seem to survive maybe BBC should advertise.

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

DLM hadn't updated in 30 hours so I did a reboot. NO change at 6197/792 so will leave alone for a few days. I thought that if it hadn't changed there would be no change.

Thanks

Log into Sky's website and check your account. It Will show you if the DLM process has completed.

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Thanks ill do that now..

It's always said

"
      Line testing is not currently in progress on your telephone line."

but if it's stopped I'll call sky once to see if that's it settled. If it is then that's fine. 7 down 1 up is a decent speed for what we need

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast