Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Changing the DNS Setting on Sagem F@st 2504n in Programmers Notepad

This is a discussion on Changing the DNS Setting on Sagem F@st 2504n in Programmers Notepad within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thats the 100 Dollar question. Basically to something that sets the DNS to user defined. an example like dnsIfcsList=usr0& OR ...

mcdona922 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Changing the DNS Setting on Sagem F@st 2504n in Programmers Notepad

Thats the 100 Dollar question.
      Basically to something that sets the DNS to user defined.

an example like dnsIfcsList=usr0& OR dnsIfcsList=man0&

but as I say I don't know what the EXACT command is.

Essentially whats happening still is that the DNS's are being set by the ISP (SKY) and the user defined ones we are setting are being ignored as they are not active

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,482 Posts

I think the problem may be that the auto or dynamic address is not being disabled. This is what the relevant line shows in a non Sky Sagem.
      <dns dynamic="disable" primary="208.67.222.222" secondary="208.67.220.220" domain=""/>
      The auto setting is disabled by unticking a box in the web interface. I will try inputting a different set of servers in the Backup file, restore it and see what happens.

OK, that worked I successfully changed the servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I don't know if it is going to help with the Sky router, but it does prove that changing the Backup file works.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider / TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Just a thought, I noticed that there are number of variables on the router where no values are entered at all.
      I wonder if, rather than trying to specify the command for user defined, we simply remove the refernce to SKY all together

ie dnsIfcsList=atm0&amp; BECOMES dnsIfcsList=0&amp;
      and dnsIfcsList =ppoa0&amp; BECOMES dnsIfcsList=0&amp;

Thoughts?

Thanks

I don't know if it will help any, but here is the Backup file from a non Sky Sagem

<psitree>
      <WirelessCfg>
      <vars state="enabled" hide="0" wlAdvancedMode="0" ssIdIndex="0" country="FR" fltMacMode="disabled" apMode="ap" bridgeRestrict="disabled" wdsMAC_0="" wdsMAC_1="" wdsMAC_2="" wdsMAC_3="" apIsolation="off" band="b" channel="0" rate="auto" multicastRate="auto" basicRate="default" fragThreshold="2346" RTSThreshold="2347" DTIM="1" beacon="100" XPress="off" gMode="auto" gProtection="auto" preamble="long" AfterBurner="off" WME="off" WMENoAck="off" TxPowerPercent="100" RegulatoryMode="off" PreNetRadarDectTime="60" InNetRadarDectTime="60" TpcMitigation="0" AutoChannelTimer="0" MaxAssoc="128" />
      <wlMssidVars tableSize="2">
      <wlMssidEntry enblSsId="1" ssId="Sagem" authMode="open" radiusServerIP="0.0.0.0" radiusServerPort="1812" radiusServerKey="" wep="disabled" auth="0" keyBit="128-bit" key64_1="" key64_2="" key64_3="" key64_4="" key64Index="1" key128_1="" key128_2="" key128_3="" key128_4="" key128Index="1" wpaRekey="0" wpakey="" Preauthentication="off" ReauthTimeout="36000" wpa="tkip" tr69cBeaconType="Basic" tr69cBasicEncryptionModes="None" tr69cBasicAuthenticationMode="None" tr69cWPAEncryptionModes="TKIPEncryption" tr69cWPAAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication" tr69cIEEE11iEncryptionModes="AESEncryption" tr69cIEEE11iAuthenticationMode="EAPAuthentication"/>
      <wlMssidEntry enblSsId="0" ssId="Guest" authMode="open" radiusServerIP="0.0.0.0" radiusServerPort="1812" radiusServerKey="" wep="disabled" auth="0" keyBit="128-bit" key64_1="" key64_2="" key64_3="" key64_4="" key64Index="1" key128_1="" key128_2="" key128_3="" key128_4="" key128Index="1" wpaRekey="0" wpakey="" Preauthentication="off" ReauthTimeout="36000" wpa="tkip" tr69cBeaconType="Basic" tr69cBasicEncryptionModes="None" tr69cBasicAuthenticationMode="None" tr69cWPAEncryptionModes="TKIPEncryption" tr69cWPAAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication" tr69cIEEE11iEncryptionModes="AESEncryption" tr69cIEEE11iAuthenticationMode="EAPAuthentication"/>
      </wlMssidVars>
      </WirelessCfg>
      <SystemInfo>
      <protocol autoScan="enable" upnp="enable" adPeriod_upnp="30" adTTL_upnp="4" igmpSnp ="disable" igmpMode ="disable" macFilterPolicy="forward" encodePassword="enable" siproxd="enable" enetwan="disable" enblUsbM2u="disable" enblWlM2u="disable" enblEthM2u="disable" enblEth0M2u="disable" enblEth1M2u="disable"/>
      <sysLog state="enable" displayLevel="ERR" logLevel="DEBUG" option="local" blocksite="disable" serverIP="0.0.0.0" serverPort="514"/>
      <snmp state="disable" readCommunity="public" writeCommunity="private" sysName="Sagem" sysLocation="unknown" sysContact="unknown" trapIP="0.0.0.0"/>
      <sysUserName value="admin"/>
      <dns dynamic="disable" primary="208.67.222.222" secondary="208.67.220.220" domain=""/>
      </SystemInfo>
      <AtmCfg>
      <initCfg structureId="2" threadPriority="25" freeCellQSize="10" freePktQSize="200" freePktQBufSize="1600" freePktQBufOffset="32" rxCellQSize="10" rxPktQSize="200" txFifoPriority="64" aal5MaxSduLen="64" aal2MaxSduLen="28535"/>
      </AtmCfg>
      <AtmCfgTd>
      <td1 cat="UBR" PCR="0" SCR="0" MBS="0"/>
      </AtmCfgTd>
      <AtmCfgVcc>
      <vccId9999 vpi="0" vci="65534" tdId="0" aalType="AAL2" adminStatus="down" encap="unknown" qos="disable" instanceId="1509949441"/>
      <vccId1 vpi="0" vci="38" tdId="1" aalType="AAL5" adminStatus="up" encap="vcMuxRouted" qos="disable" instanceId="1509949441"/>
      </AtmCfgVcc>
      <SecCfg>
      <qosMgmtCfg enableQos="enable" defaultDSCPMark="0" defaultQueue="-1"/>
      <srvCtrlList ftp="lan" http="lan" icmp="lan" snmp="lan" ssh="lan" telnet="lan" tftp="lan"/>
      </SecCfg>
      <Lan>
      <entry9999 address="1.1.1.1" mask="255.255.255.0" dhcpServer="disable" leasedTime="0" startAddr="0.0.0.0" endAddr="0.0.0.0" instanceId="1509949442"/>
      <entry1 address="192.168.1.1" mask="255.255.255.0" dhcpServer="enable" leasedTime="24" startAddr="192.168.1.2" endAddr="192.168.1.254" instanceId="1509949441"/>
      </Lan>
      <RouteCfg>
      <ripGlobal state="disable" ripIfcTableSize="1"/>
      <ripIfc tableSize="1">
      <ripIfcEntry id="1" name="br0" state="disable" version="2" operation="active"/>
      </ripIfc>
      </RouteCfg>
      <pppsrv_0_38>
      <ppp_conId1 userName=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxE@skydsl" password="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx==" serviceName="" idleTimeout="0" ipExt="disable" auth="CHAP" useStaticIpAddr="0" localIpAddr="0.0.0.0" Debug="disable" pppAuthErrorRetry="disable" pppToBridge="disable" pppOnlyOnBridge="disable" pppMtu="1500" stopOnEmpty="0" />
      </pppsrv_0_38>
      <wan_0_38>
      <entry1 vccId="1" vlanMuxId="-1" conId="1" name="pppoa_0_38_1" protocol="PPPOA" encap="VCMUX" firewall="enable" nat="enable" igmp="disable" vlanId="-1" service="enable" instanceId="1509949442" enblIptv="disable" iptvName=""/>
      </wan_0_38>
      <ADSL/>
      <PMapCfg/>
      <CertCfg/>
      <DDNSCfg/>
      <SNTPCfg/>

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think the problem may be that the auto or dynamic address is not being disabled. This is what the relevant line shows in a non Sky Sagem.

The auto setting is disabled by unticking a box in the web interface. I will try inputting a different set of servers in the Backup file, restore it and see what happens.

OK, that worked I successfully changed the servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I don't know if it is going to help with the Sky router, but it does prove that changing the Backup file works.
      I just tried putting the manual entries into where first suggested, then editing this bit towards the bottom of the config.

<DNSEnabled>TRUE</DNSEnabled>
      <DNSServers>208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220</DNSServers>

to

<DNSEnabled>FALSE</DNSEnabled>

And it still don't work.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

Did you try editing the following

dnsIfcsList=atm0&amp; BECOMES dnsIfcsList=0&amp;

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcdona922 View Post
      Just a thought, I noticed that there are number of variables on the router where no values are entered at all.
      I wonder if, rather than trying to specify the command for user defined, we simply remove the refernce to SKY all together

ie dnsIfcsList=atm0&amp; BECOMES dnsIfcsList=0&amp;

Thoughts?
      Just tried this, it breaks DNS completely.

As in no values are shown in the router GUI

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcdona922 View Post
      Did you try editing the following

dnsIfcsList=atm0&amp; BECOMES dnsIfcsList=0&amp;
      Yes see above post, the only thing I didn't try was that and then this

<DNSEnabled>FALSE</DNSEnabled>

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok thats not entirely bad news. That suggest removing the code removes any reference to SKys DNS's Now all we need to determine is how we switch the user defined DNS's on.
      Its probably something really simple too

Thanks

You could try inputting the line -

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast