Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

absolutely furious

This is a discussion on absolutely furious within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; sky half price deal ran out but sky failed to inform me, they have taken 30+ this month and 20+ ...

raging is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry absolutely furious

sky half price deal ran out but sky failed to inform me, they have taken 30+ this month and 20+ last month extra out of my bank. They are refusing to refund me. They said they sent a letter on 20th Feb, I have never in all the time I have had sky had any letters from them. I read through there terms and it states that they have to give 31 days notice to customers if they are changing prices ect, so even if I had received this letter, which I didn't, it certainly wasn't 31 days notice, todays date 6th March. Asked to speak with supervisor. Still no joy so asked supervisor to put his supervisor on phone, on hold for ages, comes back and said he doesn't want to speak with me. Forgot to mention he said we dont normally send letters out, I said oh you dont normally send letters out, well why did you send me one then...one which I never received...phone goes quiet. Where do I go next, I'm at bursting point???

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: absolutely furious

Well you were aware of the offer, so it's not as if they told you to begin with that the actual price was lower then jacked it up. You knew you had an offer so you would have been told when this was applied what length it was for. This can be considered them telling you when the price will change. If they hadn't told you they had put an offer on your account then you'd maybe have something, but you were aware so presumably you were aware of how long it was for. Also you can check your future bills online or via your Sky box, so even if you didn't receive the letter they still provided you ways to find out.

I'd be a bit worried if you had received nothing from Sky in the post unless you chose no marketing to be sent. You could check your contact email address as well in case it was an email sent, not a letter.

WheelNutWalter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCHEY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Not very professional telling you that the supervisor didn't wan't to speak to you, but to be fair, you must have been told how long your offer lasted when you agreed to it. The price hasn't really changed, but the amount you get discounted off the price has changed, so I would imagine from a contractual point of view, they don't need to give you the 31 days notice for a 'price change', however as they did send you a letter, I can only imagine it has been lost in the post or maybe the person you spoke to mis-read some information on their computer? It might be worth checking they have your correct address.

If you are fully prepared to leave, call them back and (politely) tell them you want to cancel, you never know, they might offer you an extended deal. I imagine the offers are given at the discretion of the person you speak to, so probably best not to vent your anger at them, as you might peeve them enough to not want to help you.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have read their policy and it states that they have to give " at least 31 days notice". It also states that I have to give 31 days notice if I wanted to change something.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have never received any written letters through post ever, also, I have never received an email from them apart from last night when I came off the phone to them.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

They did give 'At least' 31 days notice as they would have told you when the offer was applied. You must have known how long it was for. And as said, they haven't changed the price, just removed the discount. Its not the same. Your bills (should you have checked them) will all have shown your package price separate from the discount.

timc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh, Essex
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      They did give 'At least' 31 days notice as they would have told you when the offer was applied. You must have known how long it was for. And as said, they haven't changed the price, just removed the discount. Its not the same. Your bills (should you have checked them) will all have shown your package price separate from the discount.
      That's the point exactly.

I'm on a discounted HD pack for 12 months , I expect to have to check when it runs out. I'll then phone & cancel it , hoping to get another offer - especially as F1 is included within the HD pack.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raging View Post
      sky half price deal ran out but sky failed to inform me
      I have had these deals in the past and Sky have made it quite clear that at the end of the deal the prices will revert to normal. They also make it quite clear that you must inform them 31 days prior to the date the deal ends to cancel.

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

hi
      i have the half price movie selection 8 a month for 6 months when i ordered the girl specifically told me i had to cancel 31 days before the deal ran out ,she even told me the date i had to do it by .i never recieved letters from sky as it is on my sky account and tells you how and when to cancel .I can understand why you are furious but disagree it's sky fault , if your car tax was running out and you didn't receive a letter it would be your fault for no car tax ,same applies with sky. It is stated at the start of your contract 12 months/6 months half price and cancel 31 days before anniversary or you get charged full amount .