Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Newbie considering moving to Sky.

This is a discussion on Newbie considering moving to Sky. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Scubbie and thanks for the reply. I have already told them on the phone that I need my internet ...

badger_rs350 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLHLG
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Newbie considering moving to Sky.

Hi Scubbie and thanks for the reply.

I have already told them on the phone that I need my internet connection.

I have also joined the official forum and have submitted my complaint with one of the advisors on there so hopefully they'll take notice and escalate my problem.

Interestingly, I did discuss not having use of my current ISP when the phone line gets changed tomorrow but the second phone advisor said it wouldn't affect me as I would still be using a 'BT compatible' connection for my phone. I strongly believe this won't be the case as 'Fast' supply my BB via BT Wholesale.
      Another concern here is that Sky may have muddled my order further and may be confusing me with their Sky Connect product.
      This had better not be the case as there's no way I would swap from my current BT/Fast product to Sky Connect.

I have it in writing that I've ordered the Sky Unlimited product and that is confirmed on the 'MySky' tracking service so there should be no confusion.

Thanks for the 3G suggestion but after checking the coverage for my area that would be a bit of a non starter. Besides that, I wouldn't want to complicate my order further if they're struggling to get the basics right...

It's probably a touch ironic that one of the main reasons for me needing my internet connection is that I do some admin work for a large car owners club so you guys will appreciate where I'm coming from.

All I can do now is sit back, wait to see what unfolds tomorrow and try and escalate my issue.

I may be gone some time...

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Interestingly, I did discuss not having use of my current ISP when the phone line gets changed tomorrow but the second phone advisor said it wouldn't affect me as I would still be using a 'BT compatible' connection for my phone. I strongly believe this won't be the case as 'Fast' supply my BB via BT Wholesale.
      It is quite likely correct, as they can take over your rental and leave you on a BT compatible line until they are ready to move you to the SVBN.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback Isitme, I guess I'll find out one way or another tomorrow.

Thanks

Well I'm still here...

It would appear that Isitme and the second 'advisor' was correct and it would seem that Sky have taken over the BT line until I'm changed over to SVBN.

I did manage to connect to the internet after getting home from work but a quick speed test was awful so I disconnected my router for 30 minutes to clear any stale sessions. Router stats for attenuation, connection and noise margin are still the same as posted earlier.

I did receive an e-mail this afternoon to say they're progressing my broadband order and both services are planned to be changed over on 27/03/12 so it looks like things are moving. My tracker has also updated accordingly.

Thanks guys for your help and I'll keep this thread updated in case it's of any use to others.

Thanks

Quick update.

My 'mysky' tracker has updated to say my equipment has been dispatched and should be with me in 3-5 working days.

No e-mail confirmation as yet and my promised phone call from Sky to update me on my order yesterday didn't happen.

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks
      Badger I've just rang them as I've had no email confirmation either, trial is over now so they aren't sending any email confirmations they were doing it to make sure everything was ok. Still waiting for my router that's why I rang as my SUFB install is tuesday

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I just got text message updates when I ordered.

Thanks

Hi again.

Latest update is I've had an e-mail to confirm the router is on its way and have also been supplied with a Parcelforce tracking number.

Still no phone call form Sky but I'm not too bothered about that to be honest as long as I'm updated and things go to plan.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badger_rs350 View Post
      Hi again.

Latest update is I've had an e-mail to confirm the router is on its way and have also been supplied with a Parcelforce tracking number.

Still no phone call form Sky but I'm not too bothered about that to be honest as long as I'm updated and things go to plan.

I got mine the day after it was despatched, hopefully yours will be there tomorrow.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

My router was delivered about 3 days after I ordered it. I never got a call I just had sms.. glad your getting e-mails too.

I had to ring sky today. Simple computer error but it was nice not only A to be talking to someone in the UK but B the 24 min call was free!

Will never go back to offshore as long as Sky is in business!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast