Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Question about the internet light..

This is a discussion on Question about the internet light.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I am currently being fobbed off by sky over my activation date of 28th September (still not active, problem ...

thewarden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hunslet - Leeds
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question about the internet light..

Hello,

I am currently being fobbed off by sky over my activation date of 28th September (still not active, problem at the exchange...blah blah blah)

My question however is this, should the internet light at least be flashing whilst it searches for the connection?

Currently it doesnt light up at all, Ive raised this issue with sky who say it wont light up until the line is active. But as it stands it doesnt even appear to be searching for an active connection.

My worry is that when the line is eventually active, shy will then tell me that the router is faulty and needs replacing. More delays...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site thewarden

The 'i' light will not do anything until the router detects an active connection to a DSlam in the exchange.
      ADSL Internet LED Off
      If the ADSL Internet LED is off, disconnect all telephones on the line. If this solves the problem, reconnect the telephones one at a time, being careful to use a microfilter on each telephone. If the microfilters are connected correctly, you should be able to connect all your telephones.

If disconnecting telephones does not result in a green ADSL Internet LED the problem may be one of the following:

Check that the telephone company has made the connection to your line and tested it.
      Have you checked the BT Checker to see what thats says ?
      Order tracking: Landline orders You will need to register if you don't already have an account.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

thewarden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hunslet - Leeds
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Wheelie.

Put my mind at rest at least.

Im off to do the order checker..