Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Active to Unprovisioned.......

This is a discussion on Active to Unprovisioned....... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been having problems with my internet connection for months, and its driving me up the wall, a couple ...

jakewc2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Covent Garden
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Active to Unprovisioned.......

I have been having problems with my internet connection for months, and its driving me up the wall, a couple of weeks ago, it went down for days again, and eventually, I got in contact with Tier Two and the guy suddenly turned round and said, that is funny, you don't have an IP address which is funny because I mentioned on here a while back, that I suddenly found my IP address roaming around the country......I now find my IP address back in London......but that last episode was so bad, I got a new router out of it, which has worked......

Today however, about 4 hours ago, I lost my connection again, but this time they tell me my account went to UNPROVISIONED, and they don't know why.....the guy just told me, that their computer system ISIS for some reason cut me off....I am up to date with my account.....has anybody ever had that happened to them? They have told me that now I could wait up to 24hours for my connection to be reset....

2. Advertisement
      jakewc2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Covent Garden
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Re: Active to Unprovisioned.......

Can I ask this again, surely somebody must have heard of this before?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

There have been a few reports in the past about glitches like this, but in most cases the problem is resolved quite quickly when you get through to the right agent. When were you reconnected?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakewc2 View Post
      I have been having problems with my internet connection for months, and its driving me up the wall, a couple of weeks ago, it went down for days again, and eventually, I got in contact with Tier Two and the guy suddenly turned round and said, that is funny, you don't have an IP address which is funny because I mentioned on here a while back, that I suddenly found my IP address roaming around the country......I now find my IP address back in London......but that last episode was so bad, I got a new router out of it, which has worked......

Today however, about 4 hours ago, I lost my connection again, but this time they tell me my account went to UNPROVISIONED, and they don't know why.....the guy just told me, that their computer system ISIS for some reason cut me off....I am up to date with my account.....has anybody ever had that happened to them? They have told me that now I could wait up to 24hours for my connection to be reset....
      It's a system called Iris. It'll suspend your mac address if there are billing/abuse issues on the account. As far as my experience goes (could be 'technically' incorrect) the mac address will show unprovisioned usually if there hasn't been a first session yet and then active upon first session. Has it been sorted since? Internet light showing amber on your end?