Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Major Broadband Fault - 2 years on and still no progress :(

This is a discussion on Major Broadband Fault - 2 years on and still no progress :( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well they did, and the older issue whereby the line was losing sync randomly has been resolved, whats happend just ...

amalkin93 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Holmfirth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Major Broadband Fault - 2 years on and still no progress :(

Well they did, and the older issue whereby the line was losing sync randomly has been resolved, whats happend just today is that there is now physical noise on the line with occasions where it is louder than the voice of the other end, which throws the broadband. The SNR is all over the place, ranging from -0 values to the normal 10db.

I've also tested the phone in the test socket, still getting the same crackle/fuzz. I have also been outside to check the XNTE, surprisingly its actually very dry as the rain is at a different angle today, this worries me as Im now thinking this is something else, like a leaking underground section or maybe RF noise?

I have phoned the guy from Skys Networking team, who has said they cannot afford to send out anymore BTO engineer, I tried to explain how this is NOT the same issue and that the old issue has been fixed. They are apparently deciding what to do, but I am quite appalled by this, especially since I have payed for Fibre next week, and due to the fact that this issue has been caused by there last visit

Not sure what to do till then, the line is going down for up to 2 hours sometimes, of constant phone line noise, and I need it for my exam study!

If they refuse to do anything, I am going to have to take this to Offcom or the local newspaper or something to express the poor BTO service here.

2. Advertisement
      aaronjunited is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02893
      Broadband ISP: awaiting fibre
      Router: awaiting
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Really pathetic that this still isn't sorted.

Really sorry for your problems mate.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amalkin93 View Post
      Well they did, and the older issue whereby the line was losing sync randomly has been resolved, whats happend just today is that there is now physical noise on the line with occasions where it is louder than the voice of the other end, which throws the broadband. The SNR is all over the place, ranging from -0 values to the normal 10db.

I've also tested the phone in the test socket, still getting the same crackle/fuzz. I have also been outside to check the XNTE, surprisingly its actually very dry as the rain is at a different angle today, this worries me as Im now thinking this is something else, like a leaking underground section or maybe RF noise?

I have phoned the guy from Skys Networking team, who has said they cannot afford to send out anymore BTO engineer, I tried to explain how this is NOT the same issue and that the old issue has been fixed. They are apparently deciding what to do, but I am quite appalled by this, especially since I have payed for Fibre next week, and due to the fact that this issue has been caused by there last visit

Not sure what to do till then, the line is going down for up to 2 hours sometimes, of constant phone line noise, and I need it for my exam study!

If they refuse to do anything, I am going to have to take this to Offcom or the local newspaper or something to express the poor BTO service here.
      This has always been the issue with Sky, and i'm surprised it went on as long as it has. Sky, historically, have called it quits on a connection after the 5th BTO engineer in the past as it's just not cost-effective to keep throwing money to a bad line. Looks like they've finally had enough and are leaving it until the Fibre is up and running
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Yes but my concern is will this issue still exist on the Fibre, assuming the issue is at the D-Side of the line (which im confident it has always been).

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

In which case BT will find this at the time of the install and get it sorted
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you have noise on your line it is the Talk team you should be contacting, not the broadband, or am I misunderstanding and this is who you are in touch with?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I hope, problem is if it is not audible/not occurring at the visit time, right not its stabilised and has been up for an hour without a drop, but I can hear noise still on the quiet line test if the Speaker mode is used.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjunited View Post
      Really pathetic that this still isn't sorted.

Really sorry for your problems mate.
      Yeh, it is unheard of around the area, 3/4 of my neighbours are online gamers and they report no issues :/

The only other option is Satellite internet but that comes with its disadvantages still, and also seems ridiculous for the area I live in, which is a large (300 house village).

Thanks

After emailing the adress of Jeremy Darroch, I was contacted by an executive support team, they forwarded me to a desk number of a member of Skys Networking Team based in London, he sorted everything on this case. I am not allowed to share this number though.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Fibre is available in Holmfirth. If I remember correctly though, your estimate wasn't too flattering for an FTTC connection. Have you been able to place an order for SFU?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Yes, as I mentioned above, they have placed me on it and I have been billed, I asked them if I could wait till after next week though as I have A-Levels so I didn't want the BTO instalment visit(s) to mess with my exam prep time.

Im just not convinced it will fix this issue, especially if it is now a case of underground water damage or RF issues.

Do you happen to know if the FTTC is know for solving issues, would it eliminate these common ADSL problems?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast