Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

first 24 hours DLM

This is a discussion on first 24 hours DLM within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy If router chipset isn't matched to the exchange gear that alone can have it falling over ...

snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: first 24 hours DLM

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      If router chipset isn't matched to the exchange gear that alone can have it falling over all over the place
      true enough... but I would imagine I get 3db, my friend is on SKY SVBN using exact same router iam about too use with broadcom chipset and he holds 3db... although I do recall he had problems getting it any lower... i will be happy with 3-4db anyway, like i say a 'round-a-bout' figure - the lower attenuation might make up for it, just lukin at one screenshot of my o2 sync and it was 27db at one point (26.5-27db)... now im 25db (25-25.5db) , so that should help a bit - i noticed though even if you could tweak an extra 2.5Mb sync rate on 2-3db SNR it did not equate the same in throughput...only about 1-1.5Mbps

my DLM seems to have started today (doesnt say so in MySky but thats probs just a delay) - im now on 6Mb/800k/43ms (yesterday was 4Mb/600k/47ms)
      - Hardware - Netgear DG834Nv1
      - Line Attenuation - 27.5db
      - Sync Rate - 17,600k
      - Noise Margin - 7db
      - Latency - 28ms

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

i noticed though even if you could tweak an extra 2.5Mb sync rate on 2-3db SNR it did not equate the same in throughput...only about 1-1.5Mbps
      That's because it would be generating CRC errors, which means the data has to be resent, thus slowing the connection down.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That's because it would be generating CRC errors, which means the data has to be resent, thus slowing the connection down.
      is it? - i never noticed any increase of CRC or FEC counts in DMT, but then again I dont recall doing a before & after check of errors..only that errors were very low after syncind with a 2-3db SNR, unfortunately Iam unable to check before/after now for obvious reasons lol... perhaps I can try it with my SKY connection later when DLM has finished and Iam on my GT

thanks Tom
      - Hardware - Netgear DG834Nv1
      - Line Attenuation - 27.5db
      - Sync Rate - 17,600k
      - Noise Margin - 7db
      - Latency - 28ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12