Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

going onto LLu or not? - SKY are unclear ..should say so at sign up!!..

This is a discussion on going onto LLu or not? - SKY are unclear ..should say so at sign up!!.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; heres whats happening: 1. my exchange Blaydon was enabled with SKY some months back. (so should have SVBN yeah?) 2. ...

snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

going onto LLu or not? - SKY are unclear ..should say so at sign up!!..

heres whats happening:

1. my exchange Blaydon was enabled with SKY some months back. (so should have SVBN yeah?)

2. my neighbours on same blaydon exchange who were on Talk Talk full LLu for both Phone & Broadband moved to sky and did not require a mac code when switching 6 weeks ago.

3. Me and someone else who has BT for phone line and o2 LLu for broadband on same Blaydon exchange have been asked for a MAC code to switch to SKY.

4. I signed up for Line, Phone & BBunlimited @ 7.50 per month.

now I have been told that SKY only ask for MAC codes when switching users between on-SKY networks and that SKY do temp put users on connect if capacity is full on the exchange, now I think this is a con if they dont tell users this during sign up -> how can I find out if Iam going onto a connect connection (under a BBunlimited account)..?

I have been too-ing and fro-ing with Sky Advisors on their Help & Support Forum to no avail.

Iam totally stressed out with this switch as ive been spending the last 7 days trying to find out whats what with no success and Iam tempted too just cancel.

can anyone help me find out?

as already said my exchange is enabled and my account says BBunlimited but i was required to enter a mac code.

this is what one SKY advisor said:

Sky Help Forum - Re: just signed up, cant use MAC for 7 days? - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum
      Re: just signed up, cant use MAC for 7 days?
      Options
      on 12-02-2012 04:26 PM

Hi snadge+100,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to your queries, if you are Non Sky network (SVBN) customer, this means that you're not on Sky's equipment at the exchange. You will still have a service provided by us, however it will be run through equipment from wholesale/lease from Openreach.

As for MAC codes, if you are connecting to our network then you would require a MAC. A MAC is only required to migrate your service from one provider to another, who are both providing a service using Openreach's equipment, eg. non SVBN order's.

Where possible an order will be placed to provide your service, using Sky's network equipment, however this might not always be the case if there no capacity to so so at the exchange.

I hope this clears up your queries, however if you have anymore queries, then don't hesitate to ask us.

Regards.

thanks
      Last edited by snadge; 12-02-12 at 10:13 PM.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: going onto LLu or not? - SKY are unclear ..should say so at sign up!!..

If you are getting Unlimited, then you will be on LLU

I am on LLU and use a normal BT phone line. When I changed from o2 to Sky I had to give them a MAC

If you are getting it for 7.50 per month, then you must have taken Sky Talk as well and line rental?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      If you are getting Unlimited, then you will be on LLU

I am on LLU and use a normal BT phone line. When I changed from o2 to Sky I had to give them a MAC

If you are getting it for 7.50 per month, then you must have taken Sky Talk as well and line rental?
      yes I took the lot. which should not require a MAC code according to everyman and his dog.

like I said on my first post, SKY said you can be on unlimited but be temp put on a connect connection if capacity is full on their network at the exchange

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I would have thought Sky already know if there is a port for you to use for Unlimited, as they would have told BT to put you on this, the day of the migration.

If it is showing in your My Sky as Unlimited, then I would probably take it as a certain. Otherwise it would show Connect I would have thought?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I moved from BT Broadband. Took me 30 minutes on the phone to them asking over and over and over for my MAC code (The chap on the telephone was constantly trying to sell BT over Sky....)

Turns out that I didn't need a MAC code, so I wasted 30 minutes of my life and risked my sanity talking to BT.
      Current Sync 79999/19999