Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slow

This is a discussion on Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slow within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; They do NOT shape as otherwise they'd be guilty of false advertising - and not just a bit guilty!!...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slo

They do NOT shape as otherwise they'd be guilty of false advertising - and not just a bit guilty!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slo

@146Kg: If you can specify specific traffic that is shape, perhaps someone could confirm by doing some independent tests?

I have, for example, hammered my connection in the past and at no point was there any traffic shaping for the Torrents I was downloading.

I know others who have downloaded literally loads of things too, not all of it torrents.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

alfmech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01425
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

there is definatly something new going on if a simple proxy will put the speeds back to normal, switch it off and instant slow speeds again, i dont know yet if its shaping or not but exchange issues are unlikely imho and i am still dreading calling them to try and resolve it

sorry if i offended anyone who is working for their first line customer support though in my defence EVERY experience i have personally had with sky customer support has been agonising to say the least.

it is VERY frustrating trying to speak to the right person when the call centre staff have to restart their script at every call reguardless of how many times you have already gone through it and yes i do understand thats their job and they get earache if they dont follow it, dosnt mean its not annoying

Thanks

So don't try and bamboozle the Tier 1 agents about shaping and wait until you get to CST before asking the more specific questions

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

I agree with the fact that there is an issue from your description of the problem. I even mentioned some possibilities in post #18.

I appreciate that when it comes to technical questions it can be difficult to get past the first level of support. Hopefully my explanation of the crib sheet (known as Sky Answers) helped to explain them a little.

Speaking nicely helps to get past them more quickly.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

stevogums is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Router: ER110
      Sky TV: SKY Q
      Thanks

Update as of this mornng speeds back up to max...
      DL at 5.5MB...
      Will keep an eye on this..
      Maybe was just minor problem with servers?

davvy76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exactly the same here, currently downloading at a whopping 125kB/s using newshosting ssl on ports 443 or 563. Install hotspot sheild back up to full speed.

Router stats:
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slow-capture.jpg   Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slow-apture.jpg  

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Same again, was fine this morning between 8am and around 8:30 am, then throttled again to 125k. Disconnect, activate hot spot shield and reconnect. Back to full speed. What else would cause this besides traffic shaping?

Thanks

A network issue which, unless you call Sky to report, will go unnoticed
      Scubbie likes this.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      A network issue which, unless you call Sky to report, will go unnoticed
      I'll brave the phone call then. It actually started a few weeks ago and around the same time my ping went up and I lost sync speed as seen below, just over 1mb.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slow-pture.jpg   Sky Unlimited Broadband shaping traffic? Ports 119 and 563 suddenly extremely slow-apture.jpg  

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast