Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help please- connect broadband keeps dropping when I receive a phone call

This is a discussion on Help please- connect broadband keeps dropping when I receive a phone call within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all I have had problems for months with sky connect Internet dropping out all the time. A few months ...

Jimmo77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help please- connect broadband keeps dropping when I receive a phone call

Hi all
      I have had problems for months with sky connect Internet dropping out all the time. A few months ago openreach installed a new phone line, whilst this has reduced the number of drop outs , they still happen and more so when I receive a call.
      I recently called sky as I have already tried 2 routers. They have kindly sent me another one, the new n rated router(free of charge).
      Same issue with drops outs.
      I only have 1 phone socket , the master one with usual filters used.
      I connect 2 x ps3's and 2 laptops wirelessly to the router and also a vodafone sure signal box plugged into the router.
      Can anybody offer any advice as to what might be causing this? The drop outs started before I got my sure signal box.
      A friend thinks it might be a problem in the exchange , but I would appreciate some help from the vast knowledge on this site.
      Thanks
      Jamie

2. Advertisement
      RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Help please- connect broadband keeps dropping when I receive a phone call

This can be the biggest PITA problem to sort out, it took 6 Openreach visits to sort one of our customers. The pair from the exchange was changed, the master socket was changed, lift & shift at the exchange, D side changed etc etc. We sorted it be requesting the noise margin was raised (which lowers the speed slightly). It could be a HR fault but you will need an OR visit to get to the bottom of this.
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.