Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Slow download speed, less than 210KB/s

This is a discussion on Slow download speed, less than 210KB/s within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We are considering switching to BT once our 12 month contract has expired. Is their internet service more or less ...

Guest_2150 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Slow download speed, less than 210KB/s

We are considering switching to BT once our 12 month contract has expired. Is their internet service more or less the same as Virgin Media? I know they have recently upgraded to fibre optic but I don't really know much about that.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

At the distance you are from the exchange you will not get any more from a BT ADSL connection. Sky are offering Fibre packages if your exchange has been upgraded. Have a look at the Sky Fibre section for more info.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mrmt32 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you are able to get BT Infinity (BT's version of fibre to the cabinet) in your area then you will be able to obtain better speeds with them (you can use BT Infinity – super fast broadband with a fibre optic internet connection to check). There are a few other providers which also use BT's fibre network (sky will also offer an option in the near future), but I do not know which ones off hand (I'm sure a google search will tell you). Note that they all (except virgin) use BT's infrastructure, so if you cannot get one, you will not be able to get the others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12