Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Internet drop-outs

This is a discussion on Internet drop-outs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I've had sky broadband for about 5 months now and I've noticed that each night at around 1am-3am the ...

thigor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Internet drop-outs

Hello, I've had sky broadband for about 5 months now and I've noticed that each night at around 1am-3am the internet connection drops out. It will normally reconnect itself after a few minutes or I can reconnect it myself by disabling then re-enabling the connection.

The troubleshooter gives me a "The Local area connection adapter is disabled" error then reconnects back to the internet. Since the disconnects only usually happen in the middle of the night it hasn't been a huge bother but recently its started happening at more peak times too.

This happens every night that I can remember when using the connection between 1 and 3 am. The router is upstairs connected to my pc with an Ethernet cable so its not directly connected to the master socket and we've recently had another router placed downstairs to allow access to sky anytime+

Any advice would be much appreciated.

System Up Time: 29:41:25
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN MER 14562 1892178 0 1243 10164 0:28:43
      LAN Up 1859274 2129324 0 11998 1864 29:41:25
      WLAN Up 178699 155488 0 279 30 29:41:03
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 7006 kbps 798 kbps
      Line Attenuation 27.0 dB 15.0 dB
      Noise Margin 9.3 dB 16.1 dB

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Internet drop-outs

and we've recently had another router placed downstairs to allow access to sky anytime+
      By this do you mean it is connected by ethernet or homeplugs to the Sky Router?

Your sync speed is very low, about half what you should have. Please plug the router into your test socket using only the ADSL cable supplied by Sky, take your stats and post them.
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

If you do not have a Test socket, plug the router on its own into the Master socket and disconnect everything else that is connected to the phone line. Do you have a monitored alarm?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Stu2405 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bicester
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi M8,

Im getting the same thing happen to me. from about 6pm untill 9pm im getting the broadband cutting out not droping conection just not working. Only has droped once were the red light came on. But this has been like this for a few weeks now. Called sky who said there was not a problem on the line so have book bt to look at the line and have advised me there will be a 130 charge if the problem is found to be in the house.... :-(

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stu2405 View Post
      ...Called sky who said there was not a problem on the line so have book bt to look at the line and have advised me there will be a 130 charge if the problem is found to be in the house.... :-(
      This is normal. This is why Tom has asked the OP to connect to the Master/Test Socket. Sky would ask this to be done as well

Your line provider is responsible for the telephone wiring from the the Master or Test Socket (if you have one) to the telephone exchange. You are responsible for the wiring after the master/test socket.

Often there is a fault that the person at Sky cannot see, so don't panic. They have to advise you though, otherwise you could rightly claim that you were unaware of any charge.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms