Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Intermittent Connection

This is a discussion on Intermittent Connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I have had a lot of trouble since I joined Sky and things are still not fully resolved. I ...

HarryAskham is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation Intermittent Connection

Hello, I have had a lot of trouble since I joined Sky and things are still not fully resolved. I have the very infamous dropping out problem, I have had a new router sent out, I have had a new faceplate installed, I have had 4 openreach engineers, I have had a whole new telephone line dug into my house, but still, my connection drops out. Every engineer and CST rep says that I have brilliant connection and there is nothing wrong with it but I haven't seen any increase in speed and my connection still drops out. Because of this I managed to extract my username and password from my router and got it working with a non-sky router, the Buffalo WBMR-G54. I used this router just before I changed to Sky and I had an intermittent connection with that router, not sure if it was because of the router or my line. I am using the Buffalo router on my sky broadband and it still has the same problem, my connection always drops out! Now I am not sure if it's because the router is quite old and may be dying but I am seriously fed up now.

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me some advice on what to do because I haven't had a working internet connection for about 5 months now.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      lilx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Intermittent Connection

I am having the same exact problem. However I did not ask sky to change router or line.
      It is really annoying.
      I am thinking to upgrade the firmware of the router.

Do you have windows 7?