Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adaptor

This is a discussion on Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adaptor within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Got my Broadband Box on Tuesday, thought I'd be able to connect through a wired USB port, but of course ...

Marky-Mark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adaptor

Got my Broadband Box on Tuesday, thought I'd be able to connect through a wired USB port, but of course no such luck! Hadn't been told that an Ethernet port was needed, so decided to buy the Belkin Wireless Network Adaptor from PC World (cost 20). Installed the software that comes with it, and managed to connect right away, but soon noticed that the connection kept slowing down and then dropping out for no apparent reason. Made a few calls to Sky Techical Support, who tried to be helpful, but couldn't resolve it. Spoke to PC World, who advised me to uninstall the Belkin software, plug the wireless "dongle" back in to a different USB port, allow the Windows XP utility to recognise it as new hardware, and then install only the driver from the Belkin installation CD. This has resolved the problem, with no further unwanted disconnections! All I now need to do is sort out my unresolved billing issues with Sky, who say I'm on the Connect package at 17 per month, even though I registered for Broadband Base. They have given me some guff about my local exchange not being "unbundled", but according to the link from this site, Easynet installed the equipment in my local exchange over two years ago! Anyone else had a similar experience?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Marky-Mark

Yes the hardware programs that come with wireless adaptors do tend to mess with the built-in windows ones, but pleased to see that you have it all sorted.

As for the package your on you really need to check the letter you received from SkyBB it will tell you what you are actually one or at least it should.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here