Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky BB disconnecting

This is a discussion on Sky BB disconnecting within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hay guys, so I have decided to make an update thread to my old Sky BB issue thread: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...se-margin.html Ok, ...

xxjay247xx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky BB disconnecting

Hay guys, so I have decided to make an update thread to my old Sky BB issue thread: Sky broadband disconnecting and low Noise Margin

Ok, so a couple of months ago I got so tired of the constant disconnecting I decided to contact BT openreach to come out and check my line, they took a look and found my line to have a fair bit of noise on it, it turned out to be 75 year old wiring on my house, that had corroded in several places, so he replaced it, and the noisy line, was sorted (however I can hear some noise now and then)
      However even with the new line, this did not stop my disconnecting problem, so I decided to phone BT again to check the line, the nice person came, checked my line, found no problems, and said that my line is in perfect condition...

so whats causing this disconnecting problem? I have replaced all the wiring inside my house, new router etc.

As you can see my noise margin is extremely low! I honestly have no Idea what the problem could possibly be...

2. Advertisement
      xxjay247xx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky BB disconnecting

A little update, BB disconnected.

Sky eService Team is offline Sky Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Corporate
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky BB disconnecting

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your broadband.

If you have a high noise margin this could causing errors on your line resulting in the issues you have been having however, if BT have resolved this it should improve not just you the noise on your line but also the broadband connection issues.

Please try our troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Centre as they can help resolve most of the issues you are explaining.

If you have already tired them and it has not resolved them please contact us directly to escalate this to be looked into further.

Thanks.
      Sky eService Team

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help
      My Sky and Sky iD https://mysky.sky.com