Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Questions about SKY LLU Service

This is a discussion on Questions about SKY LLU Service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey Guys, long time since iv been here, iv recentlyn learned that Sky can now do LLU in my area ...

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Questions about SKY LLU Service

Hey Guys, long time since iv been here, iv recentlyn learned that Sky can now do LLU in my area Hurrah! but iv a few questions as i cant remember how things are so..

1. I live 3km from the exchange my current ADSL is 8mb and my local cabinet is on my street, Noise is 6db and attenuation is 44db or the other way round cant remember.. any idea what my speeds would be like on the LLU service? sky has quoted me 3mb so yeah..
      2. whats the new routers like i remembered ages ago they kinda where good then crap then good..
      3. My current ISP (Aquiss) dont cap me or FUP me in anyway whats LLU like?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Questions about SKY LLU Service

Looking at the SamKnows page for your exchange, I would suggest that you may wish to hold back a little if you have a Fibre enabled cabinet near to your home.

Will Sky launch soon? Rumours are getting strong once more on this topic, and various supporting stories are coming out of the woodwork, so it is likely.

If you were to go to Sky now, it would help to see your actual connection stats. I do not know ADSL24 that well, but your exchange is 21CN enabled, which means that ADSL2+ is available to BTW customers in your area. I believe that ADSL24 may use lower noise margins than Sky on their LLU equipment, but I am not sure what they use on BTW equipment. The stats will confirm/deny what your are on though.

As for Sky's LLU performance: No problems. I frequently hammer my connection in short bursts. A couple of months ago I hammered it for the whole month. The main issue is with their locked-down firmware on the Sky routers.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

SheziKalebra is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 100MB
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Questions about SKY LLU Service

To answer question 2 the new Sky wireless N router has had very good feedback so far and has come across to customers as really solid and reliable. The best thing about LLU is that sky have more tools to access which provides more control over the service.