Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

O2 to Sky

This is a discussion on O2 to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I'm attempting to move my line rental and broadband to Sky. I spent 40 minutes on the phone until ...

Alexis27 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

O2 to Sky

Hi

I'm attempting to move my line rental and broadband to Sky. I spent 40 minutes on the phone until I eventually got through to O2 for a mac code. They said it would emailed to me within 10 minutes but surprise, surprise nothing. The only email I've had from them is a distressed message stating that they've heard my telephone is going to be cut off (presumably because Sky are taking it over) and it would take my broadband with it. Idiots.

Anyway, Sky have said everything will be up and running next Monday.

Does anyone know if customers moving from O2 to Sky need a mac code, because I've heard in some cases it's not necessary - something to do with LLU and SBVN?

Secondly, I've logged in to the Sky site with my Sky ID and it accepts me, but I can't login to their forum. I get a page that says

"Sky account information: Your Sky status
      I am a Sky customer
      I am not a Sky customer"

Ticking 'yes' and filling in the details makes it complain "Please tell us your Sky status as this service is only available to Sky TV Customers."

Ticking 'no' just dumps me back at the main forum page without letting me start a thread.

How does anyone get on the Sky forum???

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: O2 to Sky

Phone Sky, much quicker
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: O2 to Sky

Check with SamKnows first to be sure, but if your telephone exchange has Sky's LLU equipment then you may not actually require a MAC code to switch from O2 to Sky.

SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search

As for joining the Official Sky Forum, you need a Sky ID. Use that to log in and set yourself up a User Name on their forum. If you do not already have one, then you will need to visit the Sky website to create a Sky ID.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms