Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Certificate to log on - Broadband

This is a discussion on Certificate to log on - Broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I recently purchased Sky Broadband and connected the router to the landline. When I tried to connect to the ...

wabers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Certificate to log on - Broadband

Hi,

I recently purchased Sky Broadband and connected the router to the landline. When I tried to connect to the internet wirelessly through my laptop it came up with a message 'Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network" abover the wireless icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen. Even after this message the status of my connection becomes Connected, however whenever I double click on Internet Explorer an error message comes up. I searched the internet I came across the solution to go into:

Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Communications --> Network Connections --> Right-click your Connection and select Properties --> Click on the Authentication tab --> Disable / uncheck the option IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network

However whenever I went into this, the box was already unchecked, and indeed unaccessable (couldn't edit any of the box). Does anyone know how I can get wireless on my laptop (its Windows XP) ? Thanks in advance,

wabers

2. Advertisement
      Sky eService Team is offline Sky Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Corporate
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Certificate to log on - Broadband

Hi Wabers,

Have you tried connecting your laptop to the router using Ethernet and running Windows Update to ensure you have the latest updates installed?

Thanks,
      Sky eService Team

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help
      My Sky and Sky iD https://mysky.sky.com