Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Already Connected lol

This is a discussion on Already Connected lol within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I signed up for connect on the 25th, took 3 attempts to get into the tel queue and then answered ...

fixer2035 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Already Connected lol

I signed up for connect on the 25th, took 3 attempts to get into the tel queue and then answered straight away.

Received a letter couple of days later confirming that everything is going thru etc.etc.

Then didnt hear nothing until yesterday when my router turned up ummm I thought things must be going ok , so I put the Sky router on my home lan and tested the WIFI and left it to act as a WAP.

This morning received a 'Not long now' letter .... phew things must be going ok, lets see quick look thru aha a connection date 4/10/06 ...... short pause ..... umm its the 7th today

Plugged in the DSL lead into the Sky router, it connected hit the Sky Test button (must find out what this does lol) and hit the connect button and bingo. Other than changing my DNS setting in XP from my old ISP to Sky's everything has worked fine so far!!

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well at least they surprised you so that makes a pleasant change
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

lol Sky email is not working, I cannot log in into the portal, no big loss tho

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It has been said that if you have a number 0 it could be a letter O or if you have an l it could be a 1.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I can log into sky.com but not into the portal, I have tried Firefox and IE upper and lower case and no luck.

It's not a major prob as I use 1&1 and a domain I have registered with them for my main email accounts it just would be nice to have what u pay for working 100%.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep I have the same problem no access to the portal but Mysky works and like you I am not that bothered either.
      Ray

click here

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Fixer, it might just be worth going through Ratti3's set up routine for outlook express,I dare say somebody on these boards can probably take you to the link and it may also be worth doublechecking your password details.I initially made a mistake in this area,as mentioned in this thread by Ray.Once you've done this there will be no need to log into the portal or MySky and your e-mail account should then be activated.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ray

click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Oh well I can send and receive mail thru Thunderbird with my Sky email addy but I still cannot log into the portal......
      I have sold my sold soul and joined SkyBroadband

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I managed to log into the portal this morning for the first time. Interestingly my supplied user name was in uppercase but I logged in using lowercase and the same for retrieving emails using my mail client.
      I have sold my sold soul and joined SkyBroadband