Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SKY Speed - iPlayer, Youtube not working, Router results etc help?!

This is a discussion on SKY Speed - iPlayer, Youtube not working, Router results etc help?! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have Sky with router Netgear DG834GT and whenever you use normal web pages it is fine. However, if ...

thestormtrooper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation SKY Speed - iPlayer, Youtube not working, Router results etc help?!

Hi,

I have Sky with router Netgear DG834GT and whenever you use normal web pages it is fine. However, if you try and use iplayer it says not enough bandwidth. Youtube occasionally works on 240p but if any higher I need to pause and wait 4-5mins for the video to load before playing it.

I've tried changing channels, etc etc etc. I've also tried the laptop and ipad2 at my brothers who has virgin and they work perfectly there. Sky after 1hr 23mins on the phone say everything is fine? and this is the 3rd time I've called them! useless is an understatement!

Can anyone translate my router results? also included a youtube speed shot from their site:

I ran various speedtest sites and results varied from 0.48mbps to 2.2mbps, oh and I'm on sky unlimited?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
      Last edited by thestormtrooper; 17-12-11 at 09:44 PM.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: SKY Speed - iPlayer, Youtube not working, Router results etc help?!

Are you using WiFi? If so, try using Ethernet. If that works then it's a WiFi reception issue, so you'd need to look into changing the channel to find a less crowded one
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: SKY Speed - iPlayer, Youtube not working, Router results etc help?!

I would say that Wifi is your problem. Go into the router wireless settings and change the channel from auto to channel 13. If this increases your speed try downloading and using Inssider from the link below. Use it to discover the channels in use in your area and set yours to one as far from those in use as possible.

It may also pay to visit the wireless adapter manufacturers web site and download the latest drivers for your card. Uninstall the ones you are using and reinstall using the new drivers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.