Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

new router for mate

This is a discussion on new router for mate within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; mate has the old white router, it works but is technically faulty as his leds stay orange (everything works fine, ...

lee2010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: billion 7800n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

new router for mate

mate has the old white router, it works but is technically faulty as his leds stay orange (everything works fine, and some of the lights on mine are also orange)

he wants to buy a new router, i have told him not to buy one from argos ebuyer etc, but to simply ring sky and try and blag new n type or if that fails to simply buy one from sky.

if he buys one off sky is he guranteed to get the latest n type like i have?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: new router for mate

If he tells them he wants one and is prepared to pay 35. He might get one for free, but he can't demand one, as it is considered an upgrade for existing customers.

What lights are orange? If a port light is orange it means that the adapter is connecting at 10mb, rather than 100Mb, which shows a green light.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

lee2010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: billion 7800n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: new router for mate

lights 1 to 4 on the white router, my lights were always green for years, then one started playing up only going and staying orange, no matter what equipment i had pluged into that port.

mates does it to, i was under the impression that it was a fauly on one of the leds.

if he cant get one for free he is quite happy to pay the 35