Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Dlink router problem

This is a discussion on Dlink router problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just rejoined sky and when i connected it all up all appeared to be fine. Wireless signal good ...

vannus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: musselburgh
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Dlink router problem

I have just rejoined sky and when i connected it all up all appeared to be fine. Wireless signal good all around the house so imagine my disappointment when boot up my sons xbox and pc to find they drop out after about 30 seconds. Now confusing thing is pc says its connected and is recieving a decent signal level on wireless. If i take my laptop up to room all works fine good signal level and browsings all ok. Only problem seems to be with xbox and sons pc. If i connect thse using ethernet cable all is ok but i want router adjacent to sky box for anytime+. Have borrowed an old sky netgear router and all is fine everything worls. Just think router i recieved from sky should be doing its job and not be dropping out all the time. Is this a known problem if so i will call sky to see if they will replace router, Thx

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Dlink router problem

Try changing the channel on the router. Download and use Inssider (link below) to find the channels in use in your area and select one as far from those in use as possible.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

vannus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: musselburgh
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Re: Dlink router problem

Have already done this and am now only one on channel and problem persists. Its ok on my laptop(running windows 7) and all is fine when i use the netgear router on all devices. Just when i then put dlink back in xbox and xp desktop say they are connected and recieving a good signal level(approx -57db) but no connection is there.
      So in summary says i am connected to router but if i try to open router page it wont open.
      But my laptop is completely fine.Just xp pc and xbox