Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Failure to connect

This is a discussion on Failure to connect within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I was wondering if someone could help me. We finally received our router on Tues and I connected it to ...

joanne26b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Failure to connect

I was wondering if someone could help me. We finally received our router on Tues and I connected it to my desktop pc as per the instructions. All the lights are on correctly and it all looks right however I cannot connect to the internet. I was on the phone for 1hr to Sky trying various things. Pinging 192.168.0.1 does not work, neither does typing 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of explorer. I thought perhaps my ethernet port was not working however someone suggested that I ping 127.0.0.1 to check and that worked. I then set everything up on my husband's laptop and that worked fine; we got a connection. This suggests to me that there is a compatibility issue with my desktop PC. Any thoughts or advice??

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site joanne26b

You can ping 127.0.0.1 all day and you will get a reply that the default IP for localhost ie: your PC.

Have you tried to do a factory reset of the router if not then find a pen or pin and stick it in the small hole at the back of the router for about 10 seconds and all the lights should vanish and then reappear.

Then try access it again with 192.168.0.1
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here