Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How long to Cancel?

This is a discussion on How long to Cancel? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I cancelled my Broadband 7 Days ago with Sky, as they managed to disconnect my old ISP but cant guarentee ...

Jimbo44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: basingstoke
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How long to Cancel?

I cancelled my Broadband 7 Days ago with Sky, as they managed to disconnect my old ISP but cant guarentee when they will connect me to Sky (the estimate was another 4 weeks, which would make the order 7 weeks late!).

When I cancelled I was told it would take upto 14 days for sky to remove the marker from my line.
      So my question is....

Is there anyway I can check that this is going through, apart from spending hours on the phone to sky. Does something appear on my BT order tracker or will someone wave a magic wand and the marker will disappear in 14 days?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Call this number 0800 1690934 option 2 they can see if there are still markers on your line and they may be able to advise you as well.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers, tried that. They cant see any cancel for the order going through and suggested phoning up sky again, as they said its an internal process from Sky which needs to go through.

Interestingly enough the guy on the phone (very helpfull) told me the order was not at the crucial stage of with the engineer, so it would be easy to cancel. Sky told me it was with the engineer 2 weeks ago!

Any other ideas, I have read somewhere of someone speaking to Easynet directly and it got progressed straight away, but cant find numbers for them?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry mate not really I did suggest to someone a while ago to try talking to Easynet but it turns out they tell you the same thing as BT talk to SkyBB
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Do you have a number, its worth a try!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      There is one on http://www.easynet.net/

Good luck
      Ray

click here