Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

Major Connection Issues

This is a discussion on Major Connection Issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm not sure you'll find BT 's broadband much better. From my limited experience with it ( a neighbour) it ...

timc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh, Essex
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Major Connection Issues

I'm not sure you'll find BT's broadband much better. From my limited experience with it ( a neighbour) it can also suffer from slow speeds at peak times.

I'd seriously consider PlusNet as has already been suggested.

2. Advertisement
      kingsworth is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

BT seems to be the only provider who offer a unlimited service in my area.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Take a look at Eclipse then.

2 - Eclipse Internet

Their 'Home Pro' product allows you a 100 GB monthly usage between 9am and 11pm. Outside of these hours, the usage is not registered.

When I was with them I also found that they also only monitored the download volume, not anything that you upload. Check to see if this has changed, but if not, this also allows you some extra bandwidth.

As for going over the monthly allowance, this is taken from their website:

What happens if I go over my usage?
      If you do require more usage, you can add extra unlimited 1GB bolt-ons to your Eclipse broadband at any time for just 1.27. Simply log into your My Eclipse account to add extra-usage bundles to your monthly broadband package.

How we manage your account - and what we do if you accidentally exceed your planned usage, however, is up to you. We offer two clear choices, which you choose between on sign up.

You can either:
      * have us automatically add on usage which we charge at the standard rate per Gb, as and when you use it
      * or, keep your costs under control by asking us to cap your speed for the rest of the monthly billing period. This option will still allow you to perform basic business tasks like checking email or surfing the web - you simply won't get the usual top speeds until your usage is reset next month.
      The only reason I left Eclipse was due to BT's terrible customer service centres in India and their blatant rudeness on the telephone. Unfortunately I needed a telephone line and at the time they would only allow an Internet connection if you had BT Line Rental.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123